forum

How can I improve my consistancy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nuttbutter_old
Most of my hours were in offline plays and lately I've been playing quaver since I can change the judgement settings but I haven't really found anything that has made me hit perfects more (rainbow) also I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with my skin since its a pretty clear skin and I play on 100% background dim
Icetiger333
I would say that a part of it has to do with your skin while the other is about finding your personal spot to hit consistently, this can vary from player to player so I may be wrong. Hitting consistent rainbows is probably one of the harder skillsets to learn in rhythm games especially in mania as it requires an immense amount of focus and a constant adaptation to whether you are hitting even the slightest outside the timing window for rainbows.

Most players have found it easier to train for consistency if they sort of "tunnel vision" at the combo area and adjust their scroll speed and offsets to the point they can comfortably hit rainbows. Again, this is subjective as some skins have the combo near the bottom of the playing field and the area where one looks at the screen is dependant on a number of other factors such as scroll speed and hit positions of the skin itself.

The general rule of thumb is to just stick with a fixed scroll speed and skin that you are most comfortable with using and gradually build up the proper technique and continue playing until it comes naturally. Try not to change your scroll speed or skin as this will only introduce inconsistencies when you are training to hit more consistently. I hope this helps.
Lights
if you want to improve your consistency, stop playing charts so far above your current range. most of your top scores are easier mash charts and arent indicative of the difficulty level they're rated for. Consider lowering the difficulty levels you're playing and going for good scores; some 97-99ish scores would be a good benchmark to aim for in the 3star range.

In general, avoid settling for A-ranks, thats a very low standard of accuracy and can be achieved without actually learning how to play a chart or the patterns in it.
[LS]PositoniX
play somewhat easy stuff below your range for accuracy. you should not be getting b ranks or low a ranks