forum

Local Video+SB offset [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
(Didn't see other mentions of it, but I am unsure if this is original or not)

As the title states, a way to locally adjust video and sb offset in case players don't agree with the offsets currently used. (Changing all SB offsets to increase or decrease by a center amount, is probably not very necessary, but for completeness, I am including it in the request)
PROGUY
Even if the video and/or SB a little off-sync, they won't affect the actual gameplay that much. If they do get off-synced, it can still be easily corrected with a mod.
No support.
Ephemeral
this is an issue that should be addressed and amended sufficiently during the ranking process in the first place.
TheVileOne
This issue could entirely be resolved without unranking. bliss you could be the one everyone goes to to fix this stuff! Wouldn't that be the perfect solution?

I think so.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Let me ask 2 questions.

Why does local offset exist?

What happens when users are bugged by their video offset in a ranked map? (I was asked this by a normal user before, and I, as a normal BAT have no power to change it once a map is ranked)
peppy
This is a sub-optimal solution. If there are any ranked maps which have very incorrect offsets, let's fix them by unranking temporarily (score deletion unnecessary) rather than add more per-player adjustments.