forum

Higher diff unlocks all [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Abel
So the name says more or less all .
When you pass a song in hard or insane , only in that diff you unlock the visual mods (no skin , no hitsounds , no SB , lower dim)
What I want to say is that you pass a diff , the easyer diffs on that song unlock too ,(In a song with easy, normal , hard , insane ,extra diff .If you pass the hard diff , only the hard ,normal and easy would be unlocked .If you pass the insane , all the previous should be unlocked and the respectivly song too , and if you pass the hardest diff , in our case the extra diff , the whole song should be unlocked ).If the map have another play mode too (ctb , taiko ) that should be unlocked normaly , not incluyed in the standard mod.
Edit 1
So more of you told me that this its not workin , but lets say that i fount a little diffrence betwin the diffs
Voilá ;)
Marcin
Inb4 denied.
Kuro
sounds cool, but...

Alpaka wrote:

Inb4 denied.
Zare
there are diff-specific sb's, so that wouldn't work.

Also, the current diff rating is too broken, since on some maps the Hard is is rated harder than the Insane/Another/Extra diff
[Luanny]
sounds like a nice and fair ideia but because of zarerion said, it would be imposible to know which diff is the harder one
what about maps with two insanes like freedom dive?
you would unlock 4D by playing Another even tho 4D is harder
wouldn't work well unless the rating system is ~fixed~
deadbeat
requested before. dunno where though. gimmie a sec and i'll try find somehow >_< that was a lot easier than i thought it would be. though that's mostly likely cause i knew what i was searching for :p
t/90286
jemhuntr
I don't think this is really a duplicate. as I see it, that (^) thread is requesting for unlocking ALL difficulties' visual settings once you finished playing ANY difficulty. This one's more reasonable though, since you only unlock visual settings for maps easier than what you cleared.

It would be helpful whenever you play a hard map with a suckish custom skin which won't let you play properly, since having to finish easy once is a waste if you plan to SS that diff.

Although I agree that the difficulty system is flawed, and difficulties could have different SBs. What if this feature would be automatically disabled if per-map SB is detected on that difficulty?
ieb
sounds good.