forum

Issue with Vector Scale

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alt Drifter
Hi! My map's SB is mostly text which vibrates (using the Scale transformation for that), changes length rapidly (using Vector Scale), fades or all of the above.
For some reason, when I use anything but Vector Scale, the result in the Design tab, Compose tab and the Test area is exactly as I placed it in the Design tab. But when using Vector Scale it seems like the text behaves differently - it starts off in the wrong position (So let's say my timepoints are 1 - smaller text then 2 - bigger text then 3 - smaller text etc, it starts at 2 instead of 1).
It always fixes itself if I go to the design tab and play the map from the exact point in which the specific image of the text begins, and always goes back to wrong when I exit the map and come back.

Is there anything I'm missing?
Endaris
Generally speaking this shouldn't be happening but it is unclear how exactly your commands are set up right now.
Can you upload your map so we can take a look at the actual commands?
Topic Starter
Alt Drifter
Of course! Here it is, obviously a very early WIP.
The issue is specifically with the text "A nOISE gATE for filterin' you out", I had the same issue happening with the 4 lines at the end but it was so bad (the text was huge for some reason, even after scaling it down) so I had to revert it back to a still.

https://mega.nz/file/QQh1zLyS#q9T2FL0PNowPoTlnxaXzLd2pLEhoTS-Dpfk_U8Wu1c8
Endaris
Hi, I think this might be a snapping issue that results in an optical illusion.
I'm refering to line 713 of the map you sent now:

Sprite,Foreground,Centre,"ANOISEGATE.png",320,240
V,0,15,,1,1
S,0,15,72,0.3270857,0.3329372
M,0,15,2558,324.6811,388.0412
S,0,72,128,0.3329372,0.3270857
S,0,128,185,0.3270857,0.3329372
(etc. more scale commands)

If you have the Beat Snap Divisor in Compose set to 1/4 then you can only scroll between -4ms and 76ms.
At 4ms the text is still invisible and at 76ms the scale is already at 0.333 (= bigger text).
This way it can look like it starts with the big scale when scrolling through. If you set the Beat Snap Divisor to 1/12 you get access to a new snap at 20ms where you can clearly see the sprite starting out in the small variant and getting bigger until 72ms. Or set the playback rate to 25% and hit play and you will be able to clearly see the sprite starting out in the small variant as well.

Generally speaking, the V command does not do anything in this case because you simply set the scale to 1 in both dimensions which means you can remove the V command completely.
Topic Starter
Alt Drifter
I had a feeling it was about BSD. Thank you so much!