forum

Do you guys ask for permission to use stuff in your maps?

posted
Total Posts

Do you ask for permission to use content?

I only map FA stuff
0.00%
Yes, I ask for permission on everything
5.88%
I only ask the artist for permission
0.00%
I only ask the bg artist for permission
2.94%
I don't ask permission
91.18%
Total votes: 34
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Zozimoto
Title says all, do you guys ask for permission to use stuff like the songs and the bg? I'm genuinely curious (if you don't want to respond in post replies, vote on the poll)
Chiru-kun
ill be completely honest.

#1 the song. i never ask for permission for this.
#2 the background. i never ask for permission for this BUT all the backgrounds i use are free. the link for credit is kinda wonky tho when i put it in desc so i was demotivated to use it.
#3 the hitsounds. all hitsounds come from Lasse's pack, who the hell knows where those came from.
#4 the other map references. no, too.
Asphiee
Same as renz though I ask for permission in some special cases; not gonna mention.

For timing stuff if I'm gonna rip it off from another set then yeah, I always ask for permission.

"I don't ask for permission" choice doesn't really apply totally for me. More like, "Only in special cases"
Narrative
I only ask permission if I'm directly copying hitsounds from a map and/or using timing that requires multiple points (I suck at timing). I only do this when I'm trying to push a map though, so when I map for fun I won't ask but just credit them in the description or something.
Nilocnus
If we're being honest, the chances of you actually getting a reply for a green light on using a song for an osu beatmap is practically nil. Especially if it's a popular one.
Adinda
I never ask artist for permission bcs i thought it would be hard to have answer, especially when the song from popular artist,yea basically what the others have said,i just ask permission when it comes about hs
Dialect
ill be honest, i never ask permission

so yes, i steal your timing, but in most cases, i redo the timing because the songs i map are pretty obscure and no one else really mapped them
qwt
HELL NO

TIMING IS TIMING SORRY KTGSTER:)
Zelzatter Zero
let's be honest, 95% of the time we never ask for permission lol
Asphiee

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

let's be honest, 95% of the time we never ask for permission lol
^ but i've asked for permission for a song.... once :P