forum

Something big or isolated case

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Peppi_old_1
Lots of people tell me they can't play on Osu Lazer, that it feels somehow different.
And I'm always thinking like : but... it's the same thing... just better.
Maybe their settings wasn't properly copied or something...

In 5 months I was #230 000 (Mouse Only). Then I bought a tablet and started to play quadruple tapping (ZDRG) keyboard + tablet, been 4 months and even tho I know I am way better and I can read way faster, somehow I am still better with mouse only... I can't even get past #250K in 4 more months even tho I am better.

Then I found something...

My keyboard had a 26 to 48ms delay and mouse 1ms (Peppy's offset map with eye closed and silent hit sounds).
I was certain the test was accurate because my mouse had 1ms, so I knew osu itself had no delay, keyboard had.

I played on osu lazer, and I also felt something was off.
In fact it was... my keyboard has 1ms on lazer.
Notes were extra crisp with the timing, I just... don't know how to play without negative delay.

Before finding that osu lazer has no input lag I tested everything to reduce latency on stable.
I made 3 bios updates, reinstall windows and osu, did tons of windows optimization settings, removed bloatware, nothing seemed to help (not drastically at least).

So my theory is that lots of people plays with keyboard latency.
(I was used to play with negative delay before finding out I had it, so it's very feasible).
The delay seems to be variable for some reason.

This might explain why so much people I talked to feels like osu lazer feels "weird", they might be experiencing accurate timing for the first time but they aren't used to play with 0 latency.

Tell me your opinions, theories, and explications or personal test / experience.

Contact Discord Auracle#1001

Note : I just realized I even opened an issue 5 months ago for this exact problem, I totally forgot about it. This is 4th wall breaking stuff!
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1045412?start=7403276
I accepted the answer I got because I had to choice to move on at the time.
oSumAtrIX
I think the smoothness also contributes to the weird feelingg you experience. Latency in expected cases should not be an issue, rather a problem on your end. Also lazer is still being actively developed which means that countless optimizations are on the way!
Topic Starter
Peppi_old_1
I received my new keyboard, which Im going to return because it's garbage in my opinion. (Razer Huntsman and Razer Huntsman Tournament) got the 2 versions I case I didn't like blue switch. I don't like both this is garbage.
Anyway.
At this point I know it's not a hardware issue. Because lazer has 1ms. I know it's osu stable that has software issue this.
I know it's not windows as osu lazer has 1ms. I tested everything, re-install, new keyboard, bios updates, optimization, removing bloatware, custom drivers and more I can't do anything more, this is just osu stable.

So I am wondering why do you think it would be a isolated case and how could I fix this issue then.

I've been uploading 400gb of data in my cloud for the past 15 hours I'll install Linux Mint to see if there's any difference.