forum

my ms is higher in my skin than most other skins could someone find out why?? please?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
luckychakra
so I found Monkos2ks skin and I really liked it so I just used that, later on there were some things I wanted to change like hp, numbers, combo break, etc. I really like my skin but the problem is my skin seems to give me higher ms than other skins I've tried various other skins and my latency seems to be fine on all of them except mine for some reason I go up 0.10 ms most would people would say that would not make any difference and I agree, I'm mostly just curious on what the cause of this could be? here's my skin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5bz3ni8ye7hk3ai/customskinmashup2.osk/file (mostly moko2ks skin) thanks everyone for the feedback!
Vis Major
I don't know for certain what things cause increased latency, but many of your "skinned out" elements are rather large (667x667px) completely transparent images and they don't need to be more than 1x1px unless they're something that's used to position another element. Things like cursor trail aren't used for that though.

Edit: also in the sounds skinning notes, it mentions that failsound is not intended to be longer than 5 seconds.
Using a long audio track will impact the game client’s performance, as it is loaded each time you play a beatmap, even if you never fail. It isn’t supposed to be bigger than a few kilobytes.
GPR
Probably the skin animation. Your skin has many frame for followpoint.
Topic Starter
luckychakra
@Vis Major would you mind editing my skin and optimizing it for most ms as possible or would that be too much of hassle for you?