forum

Timing feels off?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LunarxShadows
I am completely new to mapping but I started making this map and the timing just feels so off. I can try changing the beat snap divisor and it still feels off and I don't even know what to do. The BPM seems to be right (96 BPM) and offset probably is but I don't know what to do at this point. I am very new to mapping so sorry if this is a dumb question. If this helps at all this is the song I'm trying to map, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WlOZTy072k
WitherMite
if it feels off it probably is, first you need to figure out how its wrong, slow down the song see if its early or late, then let it play, if it get more off as the song goes on you have the wrong bpm make it slower if its getting earlier, faster if its getting later. If its always the same amount of time early/late the its the wrong offset and correct bpm. don't touch the snap divisor if you don't know why you're changing it; that's for rhythms not timing and its almost always 1/4.
Topic Starter
LunarxShadows

WitherMite wrote:

if it feels off it probably is, first you need to figure out how its wrong, slow down the song see if its early or late, then let it play, if it get more off as the song goes on you have the wrong bpm make it slower if its getting earlier, faster if its getting later. If its always the same amount of time early/late the its the wrong offset and correct bpm. don't touch the snap divisor if you don't know why you're changing it; that's for rhythms not timing and its almost always 1/4.
Thanks for the advice on this! I think I have the correct timing now (circles now sound like they're to the beat) I had had it on 1/16 since I thought that made it sound more on time but I found a post saying that just meant my timing was off so thank you for helping me fix it!