forum

Reviewing Music

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mathexpert
Note: I personally thought that this belonged in Music Hall more than Forum Games, but mods, feel free to move this~

I saw this in another forum, and I thought it might be a fun way to discover new music and hear others' opinion on stuff;
the concept is pretty simple, just post a video of any song. After that, someone has to review it (it doesn't have to be very long, but more than just a number rating please). The reviewer then posts another video, etc.No jokes / screamers / unrelated videos, please.

With that said, lets start!
Birdy
Been loving Squarepusher forever <3
9.4/10

Foxtrot
7/10 Rather relaxing and yet upbeat.

WeeabooScum
9/10 Loved the vocal chopping.
Birdy
Didn't like the high-pitched vocals, but overall pretty cool combination of chilly and chaotic. 7.8/10

Topic Starter
mathexpert
The song had an amazing, grand yet mysterious feel and overall it was amazing. 10/10

Foxtrot
Really calm and 1:17 was one my favorite parts. 8/10

Have some French House, on the house /pun
Kanye West
9/10 better than the original, liked the instrumentation mixing

Now for a 2006 classic:
Topic Starter
mathexpert
great cover, but I'll always be partial to the original version (not the slow one played at weddings, but this). Nonetheless, 9/10

Birdy
I don't think I should even try to find words for that, 10/10.

WeeabooScum
Pretty good. Liked the overall structure and stuff.
9/10
Topic Starter
mathexpert
I really enjoyed the instrumental part, the lyrics were meh (although, I'm negatively biased to most music with lyrics because I prefer instrumental music).
7.5/10

(kinda going a different, classical, route; I suppose you'll have to consider his performance as well as the actual piece in your rating)
Birdy
Original composition: 8.6/10, it's quite beautiful, yes.
Performance: 11/10, dem expressions.

https://soundcloud.com/tron-sepia/abyss-static-noise-bird-remix
Posting my own thing because I can.
Kyujuroku 96
It's very sad and apocaliptic but wonderful.

Now I will post a mashup. Personally I can't stop listening it

Topic Starter
mathexpert
6/10, not really something I would personally listen to ^^;

Birdy
Fuck yeah Nujabes, 9.8/10

WeeabooScum
Well produced song but the vocals were mediocre 7/10

Kingkevin30
very relaxing,cool style and i liked the Usage of some of the Fx's and Vocal Parts (8/10)

Birdy
cheesy meaningful and deep lyrics, not the best voice, japanese, boring, empty etc. 2.2/10

Topic Starter
mathexpert
Pretty chill, I'd be interested in the producer's other music. 7.5/10

http://puu.sh/2nYbK
Hanyuu

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Pretty chill, I'd be interested in the producer's other music. 7.5/10

http://puu.sh/2nYbK
Hm really liked this song at first. The reversed intro made a kinda creepy atmosphere followed by a happy tune. I liked it until the half but then it sounded kinda flat, i wished for some guitars here and there. I would rate it a 6 out of 10 \o/ i like that song i think its good but nothing i would really listen to more than 3 times or so.

Well now its my turn. Dont really know what to post. Random song? Kay~ go for it

Birdy
3.5/10, I really dislike that kind of music, but I guess it has some effort?! Cannot vote any lower for that reason.

Topic Starter
mathexpert
pretty sick, 8/10.