forum

[Archived] osu! crash in a certain method

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
higurush
Explain the issue you are having:
From December,I have an issue of the osu! closing itself on a certain method.
When I play a map, press "Esc" to get into the pause menu, and I instantly press "Alt+Tab" before the pause menu loads in (full blackness), the osu! goes down to the taskbar as it would do anyways, but when I try to open the osu! from the taskbar to get to ingame, the osu! just closes itself, no error, no popup, nothing, it just closes itself.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:
Yes, the method mentioned before also works with the fail screen as well.
Fail screen + osu!crash method:
- fail a map
- Alt+Tab before the fail screen loads in
- go back to osu!
- osu! closes itself
- no error

osu! explodes in a million pieces!

Include any relevant video or screenshots, and hardware information for hard crashes or lag issues:
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
In-Game Resolution: 1280x800
Fullscreen
hardware
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor (2x 2.8GHz)
Memory:3072MB RAM
Video Card:ATI Radeon Sapphire HD 4670 (512MB)
Everything else works just perfectly.
And please don't say that "Don't be so hyper or fast". I cannot accept that.
Maybe it is just for me . . but who knows . . .
[BlinK]
I can't reproduce it. So it is something to do on your PC's end
jemhuntr
can't reproduce it either. but when I fail and try to alt tab, the screen goes black for a moment (until the fail sound ends), then after that it shows me the desktop. But I am able to go back to osu!.
Oinari-sama
Sounds like a graphic related problem. Does it only happen when you play osu, or happens to other full screen games as well?

For starters try updating your graphic driver to the latest version.
Topic Starter
higurush

bahamut_2000 wrote:

Sounds like a graphic related problem. Does it only happen when you play osu, or happens to other full screen games as well?
For starters try updating your graphic driver to the latest version.
It only happens with osu! and my graphic driver is up to date.
jemhuntr
Bump. Recently, I always get a crash whenever I quickly alt+tab out of osu! during breaks or while spectating. I assume it's similar to this.
TheVileOne
I haven't got the chance to test during breaks, but I spammed alt tab while spectating and I was unable to get osu! to crash. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by alt tab quickly. How many windows are you alt tabbing? What operating system are you using?? Test whether it crashes in windowed, wide, and fullscreen state.