forum

Using your own pictures for your own osu!maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chiru-kun
Hi there. Before I stop procrastinating, let me talk about the idea above.

To clarify, what DOES count:
- images drawn by you (yes hello osu! artist-mappers)
- images taken by you
- images taken and edited by you

What DOES NOT count:
- free images from the internet edited by you
- images made for you by someone else with their consent

So now that it's clarified, has anyone ever done this on osu!...? It would be interesting to look through them sometime. If possible, finished sets. I don't care if it's ranked or graveyarded.

Please link any here, if existing. If none, then sure, tell me. Thanks.

also can we have interesting posts in mapping discussion please thanks
Endaris
Hollow Wings usually/often always draws the backgrounds for her sets.
Zelzatter Zero
one of my mapset: beatmapsets/1159693 has two diff having self-drawn bg, one is the OG and one with other person's edit.
Narrative
im pretty sure Cheri (Hallie) has drawn the backgrounds for their maps
qwt

Zecent wrote:

im pretty sure Cheri (Hallie) has drawn the backgrounds for their maps
Everytime she does that some die's because it's not generic anime bg #324679372137658162138127632187
Dialect
this mapset (top diff) has a bg of monstrata and chromoxx, back when they first met up at a ministop
TicClick
Larto and Agent Spin Here's Jarto series, telling us the adventures of Jarby and Larto in the world of osu!. the wild storyboards by Larto deserve an additional highlight
Dialect
reviving but

beatmapsets/214092#osu

i think this bg was made by pishi himself because the "blood too pink so nsfw" handwriting sort of matches with the rest of the bg

also when watching some of pishi's vids, he shows off his handwriting (mainly in the expectations video analyzing scubdomino's map)
Asphiee
Idk but I think Sem drew BG all by himself in his Post Malone set.
Zelzatter Zero

Li Syaoran wrote:

reviving but

beatmapsets/214092#osu

i think this bg was made by pishi himself because the "blood too pink so nsfw" handwriting sort of matches with the rest of the bg

also when watching some of pishi's vids, he shows off his handwriting (mainly in the expectations video analyzing scubdomino's map)
actually it's the other way around, "Blood too NSFW, so pink"
TheKingHenry

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Li Syaoran wrote:

reviving but

beatmapsets/214092#osu

actually it's the other way around, "Blood too NSFW, so pink"
lol

anyways, since MPG stuff requires you to have rights for the stuff, I've seen quite a bunch of mentions about BGs created by the host or some other user. To be honest I don't exactly know for sure if it's actually creating them or just sourcing one that can be used, but I'd assume it's creating. In quite few cases I remember seeing Noffy credited for example