forum

Add selectors for note spacing? [Added in b77] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
IcePagoda
I'm not sure I'm describing this correctly, but, there is a menu option that allows for the timeline to snap to note frequency (1/4 notes, 1/8th notes, 16th notes, etc.) but nothing on screen (as far as I can tell) to tell you what it's currently set for. I dislike having to hunt for this option, since I use it often and can't remember / don't want to look up the shortcut keys.

Is it possible to have buttons on the editing screen to switch between note spacings, which would also act as an indicator as to which one is currently selected (like the song speed buttons in the lower right of the editor do)?

IE (if [XXX] is a selector and the +++++++++++ = the timeline in the editor)

[1/4] [1/8] [1/16] [1/32]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
peppy
This is a good idea. I will look at adding said buttons in ASAP.

I also think that at smaller divisors, it would be nice to show more ticks on the timeline (obviously you will need to zoom in further to see these, but I think it would be useful?)
Lumino
Forgot to mention more ticks on the time line to you, but I'm one for having it in there, more ticks visible the more you zoom in would be handy.
chan

peppy wrote:

I also think that at smaller divisors, it would be nice to show more ticks on the timeline (obviously you will need to zoom in further to see these, but I think it would be useful?)
Seconded! I would have appreciated this when I made a song in 1/4 beat spacing.

Maybe this warrants an individual feature request, but could you also add a 1/6 spacing option? Could you even have a user input manual spacing option for less common beats? Of course, I have no immediate reason to use this, but I think it would make your editor more complete.
peppy
Added selection slider in compose mode. Shows current setting next to it.
Added 1/6 timing mode.

Changing the tick spacing is on the list for tomorrow.