forum

How is infinite bpm possible?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Secondoverthree
This isnt negative infinite either. A map by QualifiedHummingBird has infinite bpm and i want to know how. Anything above 5,000,000 bpm is supposed to crash.
Zozimoto
this video should help

(might be slightly outdated, not sure though.)
DeletedUser_13957006
it crashes if the map loads in the timing point where the bpm is infinite. that's why putting infinite bpm on a map with only one timing point WILL crash (and also often when the first timing point of the map is infinite bpm, due to the editor almost always loading the map at 00:00:000)

to do that, you need to change the bpm value in the [TimingPoints] section on your .osu file
the first value determines its point in the timeline (in ms), the second value is (60 / bpm) * 1000 if i'm correct. change the value to 1E-298 and you will have "infinite" bpm. doing the exact opposite, 1E+298, will turn the bpm to 0, which breaks sliders and spinners

NOTE: it isn't actually infinite and you can put bigger numbers, it's just how osu!'s rounding system works. numbers too high = infinite and numbers too low = 0
dax20502

Blackeei wrote:

it crashes if the map loads in the timing point where the bpm is infinite. that's why putting infinite bpm on a map with only one timing point WILL crash (and also often when the first timing point of the map is infinite bpm, due to the editor almost always loading the map at 00:00:000)

to do that, you need to change the bpm value in the [TimingPoints] section on your .osu file
the first value determines its point in the timeline (in ms), the second value is (60 / bpm) * 1000 if i'm correct. change the value to 1E-298 and you will have "infinite" bpm. doing the exact opposite, 1E+298, will turn the bpm to 0, which breaks sliders and spinners

NOTE: it isn't actually infinite and you can put bigger numbers, it's just how osu!'s rounding system works. numbers too high = infinite and numbers too low = 0
it worked ty