forum

[duplicate] group chats in osu! console

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Dialect
so i had this cool idea, to where you can make a group chat for up to 16 people. now you could be saying, "but you could use discord!" that's true, but the community doesn't want osu! integrated with discord, so it's best if kept that way. this could benefit the following:

- in tournaments, people can make group chats of osu! teams and discuss which maps they choose (if they choose a map from the mappool)
- in mapping, the mapper can invite the guest difficulty mappers and they can all send their maps through there (it'll be easy for big sets, and other gders can mod that gd)
- if you're a casual osu! player who likes talking to your friends, you can also just talk to both (or more) of your friends without having to do this confusing cycle of "wait so he told you this, and then i tell you to do something, so you can tell him about it?"
- i know devs have discord, but even they can just chill and relax in this group chat.

filters will be removed in the gc (like firetruck = fuck) and you can have the option to rename group chats (similar to instagrams gc option). if able to, you could also have the option to pin a message, mainly for mappers and tournament players to pin their guest difficulties/maps they choose for the tournament.

i don't really see any concern with this one tbh, except maybe the 16 player limit. it could be like insta and we could raise it to 32, but unless your team is 32 members, then i dunno
GPR