forum

Auto-Restart mod in Special Mod category [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[Sean]
With the removal of No Video, I noticed there is some room for an addition. My suggestion is an Auto-Restart Special Mod to be added to allow a map to be restarted upon failing. This is similar to the perfect mod's Auto-Restart feature, but isn't limited to a restart on a singular 100, but more inclined to a restart if failed.

With this mod active, it could also be used in conjunction to the Sudden Death mod, which would auto-restart if a note is missed. I've seen this suggestion mentioned a few times in chat, and thought I would post it here.

Personally, there's no harm in the mod. I would assume there's a duplicate flying around here, but with a basic search, only one based on a playlist-like suggestion. This is simply an additional mod that doesn't affect gameplay. I'm looking to turn off middle-mouse during gameplay because of how speradict my clicks have become, I turn the volume down a lot. As well as my mouse is certainly aging, and clicking in a certain area with a certain force acts as a scroll and left click. I wish to eliminate this personally.

It wouldn't do much apart from skipping the fail loading, and the menu appearing, since it will automatically restart the song. I'm not sure if the stance of other people since this would cause custom pause menu and fail backgrounds to become non-visible, but that's already done if you use the Perfect mod, so I'm not sure if this would presently cause harm.

I'm being a pompous prick with the way I'm writing, so ignore that. I'm in one of those moods.
chaotic_iak
If I remember correctly, peppy once said that the feature is exclusive to Perfect mod. He doesn't plan on adding it even to Sudden Death, so I doubt he will make it a new mod altogether.
Saten
Been denied before p/1729944

peppy wrote:

It is a special feature of Perfect mod. It won't be added for SuddenDeath, so if you want to use it you'll need to use Perfect