forum

Is it better to watch a Shounen anime first, or one that's not a Shounen?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neko [OwO]
Ok, I'll start with my opinion. I think that it's good to start with an anime that's not a Shounen, because people tend to only want to watch Shounen once they experience the thrill of it. They might probably stray away from things like Isekai, Shoujo, Moe, etc. and base how anime is on only those Shounen anime. They won't be able to experience what makes anime so different from regular action TV shows which is not the way to look at it in my opinion. Thanks for watching this epic video and like and subscribe for more daily Fortnite content.
futabas
doesn't really matter in my opinion. if they end up liking anime enough, then i'm sure they'd eventually try watching other genres anyway
- Isla -
its all your choice.
RealMadzie
It's like asking, "Is it better to watch children's movies first, or ones that aren't for children?"

Shounen only refers to the target audience's age, as "shounen" literally means "boy/young man." They can be action-filled, and they usually are, but the only requirement is that it's for young men.

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter. Everyone has different interests, and if someone really likes action, they will love shounen. If they don't want to sit down and watch Doraemon or Hamtaro because they love the thrill of Dragon Ball Z or Naruto, that's absolutely okay, because at the end of the day, anime is entertainment.
- Isla -
its completely your choice
vishal Ajisai
start watching anime first