forum

[Archived] Bongo Cat in Taiko not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukiumi
I recently got the Mania n Taiko Cat skin from this forum post: community/forums/topics/805639
The Bongo Cat in the skin doesn't show up. I first thought this might be because of the version in the skin.ini file. The version of the skin was set to 2.5, so I set it to 2.0 and looked. (of course I saved the changes and reloaded the skin in-game) I still had the same problem. (1.0 didn't work as well)

I had an Taiko Bongo Cat skin before, which worked as it should have. I forgot about it and let it untouched for a few months, and now I came back to Taiko and used the skin again. It has the same issue as the Mania n Taiko Cat skin, and it still wasn't fixed after I downloaded the skin again.
Dntm8kmeeatu
What resolution are you using? Does the skin have @2x elements?
Topic Starter
Yukiumi

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What resolution are you using? Does the skin have @2x elements?
I use 1920x1080, and the skin element for the Bongo Cat in the skin doesn't use a @2x file.

The Forum post of the skin also has a comment on it where a person has the same problem.

(It was posted 3 months ago)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Sounds like the skin isn't made for HD resolutions. Try running the game at a low res, (720p or less) does the skin work?
If so, try opening your osu!.pcname.cfg and changing LowResolution to 1

Or copy the elements you need in the skin and adding @2x to the end of them and see.
Topic Starter
Yukiumi

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Sounds like the skin isn't made for HD resolutions. Try running the game at a low res, (720p or less) does the skin work?
If so, try opening your osu!.pcname.cfg and changing LowResolution to 1

Or copy the elements you need in the skin and adding @2x to the end of them and see.
I have set the Low Resolution to 1 and added the @2x elements, but I only have one differnce:

https://imgur.com/a/xaUR9eC

The skin uses the default taiko-drum-inner and taiko-drum-outer element.

Nevermind, I just realised that i didn't create copies. Let me do it properly quickly.

It's still not working.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Change Lowresolution to 0 then, the game won't use @2x elements if that is enabled.
Topic Starter
Yukiumi
Now, I see this:
https://imgur.com/a/9f6j71H

I tried it in both Bongo Cat skins, and it looks the same for both.
Dntm8kmeeatu
If all the necessary elements aren't present I'm psure it won't work correctly.
Topic Starter
Yukiumi

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

If all the necessary elements aren't present I'm psure it won't work correctly.
taiko-bar-left is the Bongo Cat, taiko-drum-inner and taiko-drum-outer are the hands.

That should be enough for the Skin to work properly.
Death
It's possible the taiko version of this skin may just be broken due to some taiko skinning changes that were made after it was released.