forum

So now it's(CLANNAD) over(sort of)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
spearrain
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
Out of those I've only watched School Days. It was good, but creepy ending. :\
ignorethis
Frankly speaking this anime is very well done, but I haven't watched it since ep. as 19 due to that I'm busy playing megaman and my school work ^^ But I think I will find a time and finish watching.

Hmm... to tell the truth the anime I have watched are pretty few. Have you watched shana or new genesis evagelion?
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
When you get the chance, finish it! :P But if you haven't already, this is a wrning, don't watch the movie before finishing the AS, the movie wasn't too good, and I regret seeing it first.

I've heard of that Shana one, but I haven't looked into watching it. First I'm going to finish Azumanga Daioh, it's actually pretty good. :)

All that's left is a summary(forgot that word ><)episode, I always skipped those in Chobits, but I ight watch this one, just because. :)
Keyboard_old
Kanon is kind of like Clannad.
Daru
You didn't watch Kanon?

Then you didn't get the most epic reference in all of anime, where Sanae's bread is topped with Akiko's jam...

I was literally rofl'ing at that.
spearrain

Alex0686 wrote:

Out of those I've only watched School Days. It was good, but creepy ending. :\
then you must try to watch Air
that's called the tear bomb of Kyoto Animation XD.

In fact I cried after watched it too..
Topic Starter
cyanberryio
Okay, I'll start watching Kanon, but what is the difference between Kanon(2002) and Kanon(2006)? Second season? They both have the same description, or maybe the poster was lazy. :P But then the 2006 one looks much better in the art style(what I'm watching right now, I think their mouths are too close to their noses. :P) Then again, he 2006 one has more episodes.

Just checked out the 2006 one and it starts the same. Is it the same?

I'll also see Air, god I'm gonna fall so behind on school with all this to watch. :P
Neo@lex
AIR, Kanon and CLANNAD are all games produced by the company KEY.
The 2002 Kanon anime is produced by Toei Animation, who also did the AIR and CLANNAD movies, whereas the 2006 one was produced by Kyoto Animation after they did AIR, which was followed by CLANNAD and CLANNAD After Story.
The popular opinion is that the Kyoto Animation anime were more faithful to the games and of a better quality than the Toei ones.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Just watch them both. <3

I burned both to DVDs 'cuz I liked them so much~

But watch the 2002 version first. No particular reason, just do it. Also the 2002 version is half as many episodes. >_>
Eureka_old

neo@lex wrote:

AIR, Kanon and CLANNAD are all games produced by the company KEY.
The 2002 Kanon anime is produced by Toei Animation, who also did the AIR and CLANNAD movies, whereas the 2006 one was produced by Kyoto Animation after they did AIR, which was followed by CLANNAD and CLANNAD After Story.
The popular opinion is that the Kyoto Animation anime were more faithful to the games and of a better quality than the Toei ones.
You forgot that KEY hates girls? AIR pretty much cripples Misuzu, Kano nearly dies, and Michiru has some strange stuff with her mother. In Kanon, Ayu is in a coma, Nayuki experiences having her mother get in a car accident (on an errand for cake she asked for), Makoto goes all child-like and anti-moe, Shiori is dying of an unknown illness, and Mai is haunted by her own mysterious powers.

I downloaded the game and if you take the good paths on the main story you will get the 7 Lightbulbs (or w/e it was) and obviusly it will end on Tomoya resurrecting Nagisa. They did the same on the series, they just did it on "i think it was a dream" way.

Anyway KYO should be doing soon a Haruhi No-Yutsu, since Clannad finished. Maybe it will be another troll... who knows?
Neo@lex
New Haruhi series has been pretty much confirmed to air either with or after the rerun that begins at the end of April. Meanwhile, they're also doing K-ON! which is basically Lucky Star with guitars.
Daru

Eureka wrote:

You forgot that KEY hates girls? AIR pretty much cripples Misuzu, Kano nearly dies, and Michiru has some strange stuff with her mother. In Kanon, Ayu is in a coma, Nayuki experiences having her mother get in a car accident (on an errand for cake she asked for), Makoto goes all child-like and anti-moe, Shiori is dying of an unknown illness, and Mai is haunted by her own mysterious powers.

I downloaded the game and if you take the good paths on the main story you will get the 7 Lightbulbs (or w/e it was) and obviusly it will end on Tomoya resurrecting Nagisa. They did the same on the series, they just did it on "i think it was a dream" way.

Anyway KYO should be doing soon a Haruhi Suzumiya No Yuuutsu, since Clannad finished. Maybe it will be another troll... who knows?

Fixed. :|
I'm sure that anybody who's read that and not watch any of those series has now just lost part of their soul.
Eureka_old

neo@lex wrote:

New Haruhi series has been pretty much confirmed to air either with or after the rerun that begins at the end of April. Meanwhile, they're also doing K-ON! which is basically Lucky Star with guitars.
This have been confirmed since 2 years. I won't be suprised if KYO does a troll again about Haruhi 2nd.

LS =/= K-On!

I was afraid this would turn out to be another Lucky Star but I enjoyed it.

Lucky Star It's just about the boring life of highschool girls, nothing else. Its pretty much like: "LET'S TALK ABOUT FOOD UNTIL OUR AUDIENCE FALLS ASLEEP" shit. Besides the fact that there is 0 character development, the main topic of the series is just crap. (but i must admit 'im giving the story some credit just for the sake of the somewhat cleverly placed jokes)

K-On! turned out to be a cool series about 4 girls on a club wich they must do in order to keep on school, it does have a point.

Daru wrote:

Fixed. :|
I'm sure that anybody who's read that and not watch any of those series has now just lost part of their soul.
I'm assuming everyone on this topic has seen Kanon, AIR and Clannad. Otherwise would have been pointless to talk all about series wich KEY has been airing.
Daru

Alex0686 wrote:

Okay, I'll start watching Kanon

I'll also see Air, god I'm gonna fall so behind on school with all this to watch. :P
Sorry for trolling you, but I hate it when I read spoilers and I end up liking an ending a whole lot less as opposed to if I hadn't read the spoiler.

I assume that there are others out there who don't like reading spoilers as well.
Orkel
Air, Kanon 2006 and Clannad make up for the ultimate cry-like-fuck triplet.
KawaiiLily
James
i know its weird but i didnt cry when i watched Air, even though i know those "parts" are really sad..