forum

Option to display ALL ranks on in-game scoreboard

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +20
Topic Starter
gaph2000
When I thought about it today I started wondering why this isn't already an option, unless there's a technical limitation. I thought it would be good for some of us less talented osuers who just want to see there rank on a song go up without stalking the beatmap list for newly ranked maps >>

Of course, it could be an option.
0_o
I've thought about something like this too. Maybe have an option to make the in-game leaderboard start at your current high-score, or make the starting point toggleable?
I do agree, besides relatively new maps, in most cases the top 40 leaderboard is useless to me; it would be a lot nicer to be able to make the leaderboard start at lower positions.

Support from me :)

Oh yeah, and 100th post, woot :D
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
0_o
I get that getting EVERY rank in a map every time would be too much, but would it be possible just to be able lower the lowest rank shown? You could cap it off at say, 200 (or whatever limit seems fit) and be able to adjust it upwards from there, or like I said before, have it start at your previous high score (so long as it's ranked above the cap).
peppy
The only way this could happen is if the scores were loaded dynamically on a per-page basis.
Topic Starter
gaph2000

peppy wrote:

The only way this could happen is if the scores were loaded dynamically on a per-page basis.
Sorry, I don't understand what you just said :)
So I'm guessing the answer is a no?
FurukawaPan
so basically, what I think peppy is saying, is that, each time you click down the list on the in-game leader-board, the board would have to go back to the server to fetch some scores. Currently, it just fetches all the scores in one shot (as the top40 isn't too much data). But fetching the *entire* score list would place an unreasonable burden on the server, unless it were done dynamically.

I kind of like the idea of being able to see ranked scores below #50, but it would be an idle curiosity thing, just to see who's ahead of me, if, say, I'm only #90 on a particular map.
An64fan
When I first read it I thought gaph meant for ranks (S, SS, A, D, etc) to show up on the song list even for unranked maps (since they don't show up next to the song), but now I'm not so sure what is meant. If it were what was meant, I'd be all-out for it.

Maybe you could try to clarify, gaph?

Download: Ayana Taketatsu - HELP!! -Hell Side- (Hooker For Hika) [Bobo's Normal].osu
Topic Starter
gaph2000
The in game score board that is shown on the left side of the screen as you are playing a map currently only shows the top 40 people on that map, plus your record, plus you're current play through. I wanted to know, if more than the top 40 could be shown on that, because not everyone is in the top 40 ;)
peppy
DURING PLAY? No, this is not happening and never will.
Topic Starter
gaph2000
Oh... Is it a bad idea, I tlr will the load on the server just be too big?
peppy
No, the load on your graphics card and internet will be too big.

Download: Luzzy & Haku - Asal Ngomong (Dielz7) [Muku's Taiko].osu
FurukawaPan
Hmm, I just noticed what gaph actually meant, and yeah, agreeing with peppy on the not implementing. What your suggesting having all scores above your own *in play* means they ALL have to be loaded. This is not acceptable, given how many people will be hitting the server with huge score transfer requests.

I wouldn't mind seeing the *leaderboard* be viewable beyond the top 40 scores.. just to satisfy idle curiosity...
0_o

0_o wrote:

I get that getting EVERY rank in a map every time would be too much, but would it be possible just to be able lower the lowest rank shown? You could cap it off at say, 200 (or whatever limit seems fit) and be able to adjust it upwards from there, or like I said before, have it start at your previous high score (so long as it's ranked above the cap).
200 is probably still a bit high, but would it really be that big of an issue if it were to be extended a little bit?
Atmey

peppy wrote:

No, the load on your graphics card and internet will be too big.
Osu!direct?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.