forum

Taiko streams?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
strky
Can someone try and explain to me how taiko streams are constructed?
I know a little bit about them (after looking at 1 taiko stream map) but not a lot.
I would like to learn about how to map fast taiko streams.
roufou
Don't think this is really possible to answer in a meaningful way.

I think most mappers just place notes to every sound they want mapped and depending on the contrast of the sound is what color they use.

Common trends are to map kicks to don and snares/claps to kat and deeper sounds are dons and higher sounds are kat.

The way I do it (and probably most others) is just change color whenever a big enough contrast happens, I'd say it's all about emphasising sounds.

It's honestly kinda complex to explain every nuance of how you can use patterns cause it probably needs examples, I'd kinda just recommend to learn from experience and figure out from feedback what works and doesn't work.

Rhythmically chances are most songs are based in 1/4 or 1/3 and you'll stick to that for most of the map, I recommend not overdoing things when you're new and sticking to fundamentals, most long streams are likely to consist of 1/4 or 1/3. If there's a longer stream of 1/6 chances are you'll want to use simpler patterns.

At the end of the day I don't think you can properly answer this question, but I tried to give an idea of what you might want to consider when mapping. Just try to learn from experience and try to be more specific when asking something, it's not easy to teach mapping but I'm sure people would be willing to try if you can tell them how they can help.
Topic Starter
strky
I get it. Thanks for knowledge.