forum

How would I be able to change the title of my beatmap? [RESOLVED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neko [OwO]
So, I was working on a beatmap, and I realized that I had mapped the extended version, so I would like to add (Extended) to the name. I can't figure out how to change it though.
Cuma Iseng
go to editor -> press f4 -> change the title -> upload again
Zelzatter Zero
Also if the short one was the original, the (Extended mix) or (Full ver.) would be fine, or even not putting anything at all (if the original one was TV size).

But if the long one was the original, just leave that be, no need to add anything.
Topic Starter
Neko [OwO]
When I do the f4 thing, it makes me upload a new beatmap. I want it to be the same beatmap.
Zelzatter Zero

CopyrightGamezz wrote:

When I do the f4 thing, it makes me upload a new beatmap. I want it to be the same beatmap.
There are two lines inside the .osu file. One is BeatmapID, the other is BeatmapsetID. BeatmapID, after uploading, will mark the ID of the whole set while BeatmapsetID will mark the ID of the separate difficulty. Two of them, when not changing, will help the map remains the same after uploading regardless of metadata changing.

tl;dr: Just upload, the web will still recognize the same map to update/overwrite.
Topic Starter
Neko [OwO]
RESOLVED
yuwukikun
yeah so i have a question, someone here knows how to change the stars of difficulty x,d ?
Zelzatter Zero

yuwukikun wrote:

yeah so i have a question, someone here knows how to change the stars of difficulty x,d ?
You can't...
qwt

yuwukikun wrote:

The most retarded question I heard in years
Flanster

Reforms Expert wrote:

yuwukikun wrote:

The most retarded question I heard in years
We can agree it was silly but no need to put it in such a rude manner.