forum

Open the book nearest to you.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Apex_old

Mr Color wrote:

"He has a letter from Doc Daneeka entitling him to all the fruit and fruit juices he wants"

Good old Catch-22.

mathexpert9981 wrote:

holy shit I'm really going to be foreveralone.

"Sadly, sadly, the sun rose; it rose upon no sadder sight than the man of good abilities and good emotions, incapable of their directed exercise, incapable of his own help and his own happiness, sensible of the blight on him, and resigning himself to let it eat him away"
- A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens
I'm surprised you have these good books.

By the way, "Please tell me what you think of poor me. I often think of the beautiful name you have."

Joyce, James ;Ulysses; Wordsworth Classics Edition.

I often lament stuff like that to myself when I want my girlfriend back to a normal and clean state. I'm going to keep saying that and keep lamenting?!?!

*Closes this thread immediately and starts on magnum opus.*
DaddyCoolVipper

Apex wrote:

"Please tell me what you think of poor me. I often think of the beautiful name you have."

Joyce, James ;Ulysses; Wordsworth Classics Edition.

Glad to see you took my suggestion, it's so good
Foxtrot
Apex trying to read Ulysses? Oh Lord.
Apex_old

Dulcet wrote:

Apex trying to read Ulysses? Oh Lord.
Daddycoolviper told me to read it.
Foxtrot
Are you... enjoying it?
Faust
"A finite mind simply cannot comprehend and infinite being beyond what He has expressly revealed to us."

Haha..I'm touched.
dkun
Faust

dkun wrote:

Related, but not the Bible exactly.
Seph

dkun wrote:

QFT
Apex_old

Dulcet wrote:

Are you... enjoying it?
I don't have enough time to finish it. Its like 800 pages and I'm 9th grade, 10 days later I have my final exam and test for IB.
Topic Starter
Wojjan
Unless you are on your deathbed you have enough time to finish a book.
Mints
*When the ground shakes during an earthquake, the soil on hill slopes loosens.* erm.. okay?
Blue Stig
page 518

7.1.8 RANDOM SUMS OF RANDOM VARIABLES
Matry
"During this voyage, he raided Spanish ports and ships in South America."

I'm afraid of what this might mean.
DaddyCoolVipper

Apex wrote:

Dulcet wrote:

Are you... enjoying it?
I don't have enough time to finish it. Its like 800 pages and I'm 9th grade, 10 days later I have my final exam and test for IB.

You'll love the final monologue/ramble-thing, it's over 60 pages long
she_old

[ Yukari ] wrote:

*When the ground shakes during an earthquake, the soil on hill slopes loosens.* erm.. okay?
That sounds like scat.
- 1 -
"And it could of been an alien."
Oh.

Edit: Misread it
"And it could have been an alien..."
Zelda
If you typed that quote out exactly as it is written in your book, I think you should teach the author proper English.
Disso-
"New England seems to have at least as many pirates as honest seamen."

Okay?
mathexpert

Disso- wrote:

"New England seems to have at least as many pirates as honest semen."

Disso- wrote:

Okay?
Anzo
(p85) Area of Plates - An increase in the effective area of the plates decreases potential difference between plates and increases its capacitance.

- 1 - wrote:

^woah... O.O
Kamure
"I remember floating down slowly down onto my bed, after eating a huge meal I'd cooked in my kitchen, looking out my window, tears piling up on my face in pure happiness."

-or-

"Wouldst have me rescue thee from this reproach?"

(Well, they were stacked.....)

So I'm either a happy single person, or waiting for someone....

Either way, I'm starting out single.
UnderminE
She took a deep breath and left the room in silence.
Topic Starter
Wojjan

chamelepeace710 wrote:

"I remember floating down slowly down onto my bed, after eating a huge meal I'd cooked in my kitchen, looking out my window, tears piling up on my face in pure happiness." "Wouldst have me rescue thee from this reproach?" "So I'm either a happy single person, or waiting for someone...."
YOU ATE YOUR EX
Vish024
convoquer verb [1] 1 to invite (to a meeting); 2 to summon.

OXFORD School French Dictionary
nooodl_old
HOW TO TAKE A PUNCH
Snepif
Original:
Se sentía víctima de una injusticia, sentía que le habían robado su vida sin ninguna razón, y canalizaba todo aquel odio y frustración a través de sus lecciones de esgrima con Alsan.

Kind of translation:
She/he felt like a victim of injustice, she/he felt like her/his life had been stolen without reason, and she/he canalized all that anger and frustration through her/his fencing lessons with Alsan.

Don't know if she or he because that sentence has no gender, lol. I read the book but i can't remember who is that sentence talking about.
Valentiino
"Just watch your step"
Jacqli
TOEFL
mathexpert
Yeah, let's try this again. I'm not quite satisfied with my last attempt ._.

"In this morbid night solitude and feeble shifting illumination, the vast boxlike pile displayed obscure hints of terror which day could not uncover; yet I did not hesitate, since I had come with fierce resolution to test an idea"

ok, I think this is better than my last quote.
Kanye West
"In the two tautomeric forms of uric acid, a proton can dissociate from the enol form to produce urate."

ok
foulcoon
When the fit was over: "Gentlemen," said the landlord, "I clearly see that you are strangers.

and then the quote continues but i don't know if I should finish it bro
Apex_old

Zelda wrote:

If you typed that quote out exactly as it is written in your book, I think you should teach the author proper English.
I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire; it’s rather excrutiatingly apt that you will use it to gain the reducto absurdum of all human experience which can fit your individual needs no better than it fitted his or his father’s. - The SOund and the Fury, William Faulkner

Yep, needs to teach the author proper English.
thelewa
"Kubizek ei kaiken kaikkiaan ole vakuuttava niissä kohden, joissa hän käsittelee Hitlerin antisemitismin varhaisia merkkejä."

"In the end, Kubizek is not assuring in the parts where he addresses the earlier signs of Hitler's anti-semitism."

This is going to be very interesting.
While working for the CIA he became a double agent for another country, and it seems he paid a high price for his perfidy.

So this means I'll pay for being disloyal to my girlfriend(boyfriend)?
That won't work on me, cause I'm not gonna have any companions regardless of the gender.
Still, considering the sentence comes from a dictionary, it's pretty interesting.
Flanster
Мапване на устройство в Windows Me или Windows 98 SE
Flanster
screw you Wojjan.

was a pain to type all that
Topic Starter
Wojjan
I just use phonetic typing from google translate for my cyrillic :'(
gYcor
"Dann streckte er sich, umfasste ihren Nacken und küsste sie innig, während er nach der Seife griff und sich bereit machte, sie sehr, sehr gründlich zu waschen."

must be something like:
"Then he had a stretch, cupped her neck and kissed her deep, while he grabed the soap und prepared himself to wash her very, very thoroughly."

sounds interesting :D
FrzR
Facebook.

Seems legit. XD
show more