forum

Why did you start playing OSU?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PurpleFXYT
My reason would be because I just love playing games with so much detail and a wide range of songs to choose from. Not only that but I can see that the game creators of OSU! have worked extremely hard to develop this game! And overall this game is fun to play and is interesting to play with friends.
[LS]PositoniX
came from robeats, quickly got tired of robeats's bullshit p2w mechanic so moved here

my main game is etterna now
Topic Starter
PurpleFXYT

PositoniX wrote:

came from robeats, quickly got tired of robeats's bullshit p2w mechanic so moved here

my main game is etterna now
Robeats really does suck ngl. I played it for a good few weeks and got hella bored of it.
mulraf
i always liked rhythm games like super crazy guitar maniac deluxe (yes, that's an actual game), frets on fire or audiosurf or stuff like that but never really had one that i kept playing for very long.
on youtube i'm in the amv-scene. one youtuber called 'nakahila' posted some video which was basically a shoutout to play osu multi together. that was in late 2011 or early 2012. there was some gameplay in the video, mostly hard maps. idk it just looked so insane to me. we played in multi with some others and that's how i got into it xd
(getting into catch was a bit more of a boring story. actually i just wanted to get the medals. but the gamemode ended up being maybe my favorite gamemode (not sure if catch or standard all in all))
Topic Starter
PurpleFXYT

mulraf wrote:

i always liked rhythm games like super crazy guitar maniac deluxe (yes, that's an actual game), frets on fire or audiosurf or stuff like that but never really had one that i kept playing for very long.
on youtube i'm in the amv-scene. one youtuber called 'nakahila' posted some video which was basically a shoutout to play osu multi together. that was in late 2011 or early 2012. there was some gameplay in the video, mostly hard maps. idk it just looked so insane to me. we played in multi with some others and that's how i got into it xd
(getting into catch was a bit more of a boring story. actually i just wanted to get the medals. but the gamemode ended up being maybe my favorite gamemode (not sure if catch or standard all in all))
That is one heck of a story. I mean ye your right tho rhythm games really are interesting and enjoyable to play with either friends or single player.
[ Zhiend ]
I started playing osu!standard because an online friend told me it had helped his aim in CS:GO improve (this turned out to not help me at all :P)
I then discovered that people played with tablets, and lucky for me both my sister who studies graphic design and my brother had drawing tablets, so I began playing osu a lot more.
After a while I got bored of standard and wanted to try something different, so I went full time ctb.

Osu is indeed pretty cool because it gives off a very familiar vibe, with the playerbase not being enormous and the fact that peppy cares a lot about his game.

Personally also a big fan of the fact that your competing directly on a ranking leaderboard and the fact that you're the sole person who can influence your own improval (compared to team games like League Of Legends)
Qutilt
One of my friends introduced me to the game because we were both bored in quarantine. We both got hooked, and we both only played Standard at first.

After a while I stagnated very hard in Standard, which made me want to try new modes. I tried all other modes osu! had to offer, and I ended up sticking with Catch.
JackDoggo
I've played bandmaster (6k mania game) a lot when I was 12. I loved it so much that I cried when they discontinued it.

When they discontinued it, I quickly looked for another game similar to it and ended up in Osu.

Osu had a lot more songs than bandmaster. Osu even has 4 modes you can play on.
Nikolai

PurpleFXYT wrote:

I can see that the game creators of OSU! have worked extremely hard to develop this game!
Topic Starter
PurpleFXYT

Nikolai wrote:

PurpleFXYT wrote:

I can see that the game creators of OSU! have worked extremely hard to develop this game!
I shall laugh too.
_jpg
Saw a KoiFishu video, and I was bored. I tried all the game modes and I ended up putting a lot of time into catch and only catch.
Topic Starter
PurpleFXYT

ohokjpg wrote:

Saw a KoiFishu video, and I was bored. I tried all the game modes and I ended up putting a lot of time into catch and only catch.
Honestly, Catch is what I play too. I play nothing else.
Zephirine
Once there was a weeb

Bottom text
Kitsuka
A friend told me about it, then I started playing it. I quickly saw how awful I was at the three other gamemodes, so I decided to main Catch.
Nikolai

Kitsuka wrote:

A friend told me about it, then I started playing it. I quickly saw how awful I was at the three other gamemodes, so I decided to main Catch.
i swear everyone started playing catch like this
natsuki hikari
my friend play this game, and she told me to give it a try :D
[RUE]Bambinex
I started playing because I saw a lot of videos about this game and I started liking it much so I decided to try it by myself, now addicted to this game xd
Melodies
My sister forced me and depression helped me playing it more.
animeslayergp
at first,it was just for fun,but slowly i got addicted to my rankings,pp,comparing myself to others,and because of that,it lead to me not enjoying the game as much