forum

How would you describe the user above you mapping style??? And what do you think of it????

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
qwt
To save some time here are the links to some of my maps

beatmapsets/1225413#osu/2548527

beatmapsets/1221257#osu/2541907

beatmapsets/1208467#osu/2516247

I have no one to describe
Asphiee
I can see Frostmourne-ish style from 2012 or something old Natsu I guess? Anyways, I totally love the style. Great job!

Heres few of mine:
TRiDENT - Continue (Edit Ver.)
the peggies - Centimeter
Nanamori-chu* Goraku-bu - Acchu~ma Seishun!
Dialect
hm i'd say from looking at acchu~ma seishun and continue (sorry i didn't feel like downloading centimeter) your mapping style reminds me of A r M i N ' s (yes i actually typed it out so you guys don't confuse it with other armin) style

beatmapsets/1219702
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1224616
beatmapsets/1223964
furry hater
for me, i dont understand why you decided to make the hit objects timeline at a high speed in some of your maps,
overall, it reminds me of mostly almost as a ranked map. It's a decent yet effective style for it.

beatmapsets/1226465#osu/2550394
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1166411#osu/2433055
beatmapsets/1201494#osu/2502451
Dialect

Sombez wrote:

overall, it reminds me of mostly almost as a ranked map. It's a decent yet effective style for it.
ig rankable is a mapping style now
TheKingHenry

Li Syaoran wrote:

ig rankable is a mapping style now
lmao
Topic Starter
qwt
10 Minute long 1930 BPM 9* death metal stream maps
Dialect
hm gotta say the same as asphyre. i kind of do want someone to actually answer tho (sorry sombez but rankable isn't a style because anything can be rankable)

as to answer for sombez, i still feel like your mapping style isn't developed enough for me to answer. also you map lower diffs so i can't answer properly

to improve, i'd say to actually time your maps properly and to use more screen area. represent the music with emphasized spacing, etc etc
Zelzatter Zero
Your style seems inspired from pp style like Sotarks but still have something unique into it.

--------------

beatmapsets/1159693

Yes, only one mapset, cuz I mapped like 6 diffs in this. I recommend you comparing [Extra.] diff and top diff to see my two main mapping styles.

Or if you don't like the song, here's another one:

beatmapsets/1106214#osu/2494646

(I mapped 8 out of 10 diffs in this one)
Topic Starter
qwt
Alot of these slider's

And reputition

Spend alot of time in slider design

Mostly an average 2020 mapper with some minor diffrences
Zelzatter Zero
Seems like a 2012 map with actual restrictions

-----------

Actually, I was pretty experimental when mapping. If you also want to see how I map, there's another set, in which I tried to do tech mapping:

beatmapsets/1151086
Topic Starter
qwt

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

what do you mean by restriction's????????

Like not using stupid concepts that 2012 mappers tried to make work????
Zelzatter Zero

Reforms Expert wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I didn't say it's stupid, your mapping just reminds me of that, and I didn't say I don't like it at all. Also by "actual restrictions", I mean you always restrict yourself to certain patterns throughout the map.

don't being so toxic.
Topic Starter
qwt

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Reforms Expert wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I didn't say it's stupid, your mapping just reminds me of that, and I didn't say I don't like it at all. Also by "actual restrictions", I mean you always restrict yourself to certain patterns throughout the map.

don't being so toxic.
What I wasn't being toxic

I was saying mappers back then used stupid concepts that didn't work???????

sorry for sounding like I was
Dialect
big bruh moment

uhhhhh still gotta agree with asphyre, and i somewhat see 2012 style, but i don't really see it tbh
Asphiee
I see furry in the map.
Topic Starter
qwt
More of an older style of jump maps

I don't see why people say I map like you???

you defiantly map better than me tho
Asphiee
uhh lets get back to topic. gonna send one of my gd to keep things on track

i personally like this map coz it has 2014 vibe, slight curves, structure, etc etc
Kano - Sayonara, Adam to Eve
lewski

Asphyre wrote:

Kano - Sayonara, Adam to Eve
anime from a few years ago, not the biggest fan but it definitely isn't the worst thing out there

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/926278
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1220608
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1168542#osu/2450784
Chiru-kun
the last time i described your mapping style, i called it a very pattern-like style. it's got a different feel for the new maps now. not gonna look at the blossom thing.

again, very triangle-patterned style. the easiest way i can say it is like Yukiyo's maps directly after he stopped mapping supercell maps. specifically his spyce map and his map with the outer space image, both ranked. its kinda nostalgia, your style now, relating this.

a lot of triangles, rotational copies, blankets and slant-line rows, but it breaks out of the expected grid mapping from the description i gave. some alternate-ish from the spaced triples.

how is it different from the slightly older you?
i feel like my old description of you was... more restricted. now you're a bit more liberal in terms of placements. not limited to stacks in the triangles, and the breakout from patterns feel more natural. for the better imo but what do you think

all by Yorushika. imo they ended up as very different maps.
Haru Hisagi
Shisouhan
Hana ni Bourei
and still, the other in-progress map i have is vastly different from these 3.
lewski

renzthegreat wrote:

how is it different from the slightly older you?
i feel like my old description of you was... more restricted. now you're a bit more liberal in terms of placements. not limited to stacks in the triangles, and the breakout from patterns feel more natural. for the better imo but what do you think
What you're seeing is actually how I usually map, Aurora Days was an experiment. I feel like I get better results with that kind of stricter style, so I definitely want to move closer to that, which shows in Wareta Ringo. The freer style I'm coming from (Duality and most of my other maps) makes mapping really relaxing, though, so I don't want to totally ditch it either

You say they're "very different", but the maps you linked are still clearly mapped by the same person. Visually, I'd even say they're pretty similar: all three share some ideas in both slidershapes and patterning. Another thing that stands out to me (and that I appreciate) is that you sort of match the song's level of repetition: when some short phrase repeats really obviously, you use the exact same thing for each iteration.
Nilocnus
This is just free modding thread
Topic Starter
qwt
You only have one submitted map and your mapping style isn't really developed yet

Sry

beatmapsets/1225413#osu/2548527

beatmapsets/1221257#osu/2541907

beatmapsets/1208467#osu/2516247
Dialect
xdd
Topic Starter
qwt
kdkdkdkdkdkdkdkd
Asphiee
are we the only guys in MD lmao... where's the bns and gmts lel
Chiru-kun

Asphyre wrote:

are we the only guys in MD lmao...
many are mappers, but few are md posters.
McEndu
Not sure how to describe

A set and a GD, for reference:
beatmapsets/1151089
(diff "past" only) beatmapsets/1184620
looks like only 2 4k diffs
DeletedUser_10198015
It's interesting that the user above me actually does mania!mapping, i've tried to map mania, but i thought that my mapping was bad. :l

but it's quite interesting that the user does mania!mapping :p
- Isla -
very cool.