forum

playcount

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Misericordel
Hey guys, I suddenly noticed one playcount on my WIP mapset, does that mean the BN played it, or...

beatmapsets/1121179#osu/2342643
Petal
That just means someone played it, not specifically a BN.
Topic Starter
Misericordel

Petal wrote:

That just means someone played it, not specifically a BN.
But my friends have already played it a long time ago, and I think it's strange that my map has 21 favs and only 1 playcount. It's just the first time I've seen playcount>0 on WIP map, maybe I'm wrong.
Zelzatter Zero
The current playcount system is so random tbh...

One of my maps has 13 favs yet still not having any playcount, while the other one have only 1 fav and still have 1 playcount, with both sets having a chance of someone playing it.

Maybe I'll look up GitHub for this.
abraker
Well if website didn't record playcount before now, how would it get info on how many people played it before?

Playcount numbers start at 0 since it went live, and start counting since.
DeletedUser_13957006
yes playcount rises when someone plays it on cutting edge client
qwt

Blackeei wrote:

No I play on stable and my map went with a +1 playcount soon after I set a score on it
Zelzatter Zero

Reforms Expert wrote:

Blackeei wrote:

No I play on stable and my map went with a +1 playcount soon after I set a score on it
I think that's just be coincidence that someone plays it at the same time. The feature is still being tested on Cutting Edge.

community/forums/topics/1116121
Topic Starter
Misericordel
Oh wow, thanks y'all.
...now my mapset playcount is 7.
Zelzatter Zero
now one of my set is at 28 playcounts because of me retrying multiple times on low diffs lol.

It apparently works.
notBrandon
Im pretty sure playcount to unranked maps was added somewhat recently, it would explain why some maps dont have plays but have favorites.