forum

What are the animes or mangas you've rewatched / reread multiple times?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Asphiee
A thread where you share your special reasons what makes your personal favorite worth to watch / read over and over again.

I'll start with mine,

For Manga:

1) Berserk. I really love the manga more than the anime because there's so many scenes (naturally) that aren't included in the anime. The story is just very epic, and there's a indirect harem of the manga which I don't really find bothering mainly because the center of attraction is more towards Griffith; that asshole who lacks genuine human empathy and see things more of stepping stone to achieve his dream. (That's how I see him though)

2) GTO Series. I think there's just a few people who can deny that GTO is one of the humorous and eye-watering series out there. I love how the anime teaches about moral things despite getting a perverted teacher for an MC (lmao). Watching the anime is good but there's more to the manga actually.

3) Psyren. I don't know. I can't say anything that is very notable about this manga, not gonna lie. But there's something about this that drew me towards it. The story is pretty interesting though that I can confidently say. It has the DMC / Constantine - ish vibe because the story involves in going to the limbo; when you think about it it has an Isekai-ish vibe in it. For those Isekai haters out there, one thing you should note is that the manga existed even when it wasn't a trend. (Not really Isekai though)

4) Beelzebub. First thing I should mention is, the anime sucked no exag(geration). What they did to the closing episodes (not ending) was literally trash. The most intense part of the manga where nowhere to be seen, the anime was an utter reject product. I didn't really watch the anime first, that's why I can complain like this :P.

That's all for the manga.

For the animes, hmmm:

1) Claymore. I don't need to say anything more about this anime to convince you that it's gonna be worth your time. Plot, Characters, Artstyle, uhh... anything, is really my type. It's like it's made for me. I have a certain attraction towards realistic artstyle like Berserk. I haven't read the manga though, I'm kinda lazy reading from the beginning. And I don't really prefer reading to the part where the anime ends because there are some scenes that cannot be found in anime.

2) Darker Than Black First Season. Cool MC who lacks of empathy or the concept of emotions and work as an assassin for an organization. Who doesn't love that cliche? *shrugs. Story's very great, the concept is my just my type. I may sound insincere but well, you should watch it so you'll believe me. I mean, who doesn't get intrigued by another group of entity in a form of human who roams the earth who possess supernatural powers and could kill someone without batting an eye. What's good in this anime is there's no actual fanservice (I can think of very few scenes but I think it's not categorized such as that) unlike what you see in the animes during this decade until the present.

3)Overlord. Yeah, just read the light novel and watch the anime. Author decided to end the light novel in Volume 16 because of the piracy. I'm GUILTY, I won't try to come clean.

4) Years have passed by so I can't make a detailed reason why I've rewatched these animes few times but I'm just gonna list them.....
...and I'm lazy.
- Kokoro Connect
- NHK ni Youkouso
- Aoi Bungaku series
- Another
- Steins;Gate
- Baccano
- Black Lagoon
- Blood Lad
- Chihayafuru
- Code Geass
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- Denpa-teki na Kanojo
- Ergo Proxy
- Fate/Zero
- Genshiken SERIES
- Haikyuu!! Series
- Hinamatsuri
- K-On!
- Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai 1 & 2
- Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Series
- Mahoutsukai no Yome Watch Episode Video
- Minami-ke Series
- Mirai Nikki
- Mushishi
- Non Non Biyori Series
- One Punch Man 1
- Ookami to Koushinryou Series
- Paranoia Agent
- ReLIFE
- Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
- Sakamichi no Apollon
- Samurai Champloo
- Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
- Shiki
- Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
- Shingeki no Kyojin
- Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa
- Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
- Last Exile Series
- Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
- Rokka no Yuusha
- Usagi Drop
- Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
vishal Ajisai
no game no life
arimphetamines
i have the list in animelist Xd are too much...
TheKingHenry
I rarely revisit series, since everything stays pretty fresh in my memory so I'd rather use the time to find something new cool

anyways,

Asphyre wrote:

Berserk
ah but ain't this a classic reread for sure lol
the good ol' "re-read the series every time a new chap releases" :^)
Chiru-kun
ANIME:
1. Imouto sae Ireba ii.
2. Barakamon
3. Koe no Katachi
4. Kimi no Suizou wa Tabetai
(cried both times in 3, 4)

MANGA: none in particular yet
Tiresome
Anime:

1) Eromanga Sensei. I don't remember why. I think it was just for Sagiri...
2) No Game No Life. I also don't remember why. Probably because I liked the idea of the anime?
3) Kiznaiver. It feel in love with the anime, I love drama and I think it was a good one. I also love how the main character grows later in the anime.
4) Konosuba. I enjoyed the comedy.
5) Akame ga Kill! I wanted to remember what happened in the anime.
6) A silent voice. It was the first drama I've watched and I loved it.

Manga:

None. I don't really read much manga since I don't many good ones but I do read some at my school.
SeiSeiun
ゆるキャン△ i luv it
Smile K-chan

vishal Ajisai wrote:

no game no life
Always in our hearts!
MICEK
I watched first 20 episodes of Naruto once again.
Thevaka
1. Yuri!!! on ice
2. Hotarubi no mori e
3. Fugou keiji balance : UNLIMITED
4. Given
PrincessLilyGum
  1. Yuru Yuri
  2. Lucky☆Star
  3. Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita !
  4. Sakura trick