forum

Hitsounds Relative to Genre

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Melnight
Now, I've always thought that hitsounds should be different depending on what song genre the song you're mapping is. For example, Uta shouldn't have the same hitsounds as Make A Move (sped up ver.), it just doesn't make sense, mostly because the hitsounds play a part in the feel of a map.

So here is my question: what type of hitsounds would you use for different genres?
Zelzatter Zero
I tend to use the same kind of hitsound across every map, but if I have to change something, most probably will be clap sounds. 60% of maps I use metal clap sounds, but sometimes I use normal clap sounds as well if it fits more.

Second would be finished sound. Drummish finish sound/Cymbals are what I will think of first, but I will change to a dramatic sound or a loud cheer if the song supports it.

Finally it would be hitnormal. Default soft-hitnormal/drum-hitnormal or similar will be used in calm sections and vice versa, loud ones will be used in loud sections.

-------

Okay, time to focus on the main topic here:

Rock/Metal music will have aggresive hitsounds.

Ballad will use calm hitsounds.

Electronic is where it gets opiniated. For songs made by like Camellia, I will choose something intense, but if the songs gives Iglooghost-ish vibes, I tend to use something more childish and calm.
lewski
this question is weird

like just use samples that fit in the song no need to think about genres lol