forum

how would you describe your mapping style

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
simple question. personally, i gave up mapping conventional pp style, so i map movement style (mostly similar to mao, but also similar to uc + hailie). i also use A LOT of sliders, more than circles actually, mainly because you can convey more with sliders
qwt
Alternating Style similar to 2012-2015 mapping/A lot of aesthetic/element's of symmetry/CS:5/AR:9/OD:8/HP:7)/Like mapping BMS/DDR/Beatmania song's mainly older EDM/Streamy song's/Jumps only when needed/no over mapping/mapping with flow in mind/
Adinda
Idk how to describe my mapping , my style kinda random ,But i usually do cs4,frequently using slidershape on 1/1 rhythm l,sometimes use rectangle pattern (however i've a map that using full rectangle), intuitive placement ,also i like doublets and active 1/6 if possible :D nice topic discussion
Weedy
nevo x taeyang freehand hexgrid
Chiru-kun
eh...hm

theres a mix of kibbleru's aesthetics, kalibe's visual looseness habits and rhythm choice, and sometimes slider construction from moderate tech maps. (i don't do tech itself though)

between these, i like relatively low ar. it helps me to connect sections to each other. people have complained in recent maps about my low ar usage. not that i regret it though. also, i prefer circle size 4 to 5 (but im not scared of bringing it to 6).
Zelzatter Zero
hybrid.

just hybrid.
Asphiee
uhh... just that style u see everywhere. but i also go 2014ish style and adjusts how the song goes. but usually, i do the typical ones.
RVMathew
I tend to have a clinical mapping style where everything must be exact.

Recently I have been trying to go for a more freehand style of mapping.
Uniform
don't rly have an identifiable mapping style, i try to switch it up from song to song. that said, there are a few characteristics that are used in all of my maps, though i try to break free of them to evolve my mapping style
Adinda

renzthegreat wrote:

eh...hm

theres a mix of kibbleru's aesthetics, kalibe's visual looseness habits and rhythm choice, and sometimes slider construction from moderate tech maps. (i don't do tech itself though)

between these, i like relatively low ar. it helps me to connect sections to each other. people have complained in recent maps about my low ar usage. not that i regret it though. also, i prefer circle size 4 to 5 (but im not scared of bringing it to 6).
Uhh nice choiche to bring kalibe and kibbleru's aes/visual,they are really cool.
DeletedUser_13957006
i honestly don't know who is my 'inspiration' or someone i can confirm that has a similar style
Appetible
Symmetry mapping at its finest

Always using distance snap, in higher diffs is often broken on strong sounds.
Simple sliders and clean aesthetics.
High hp drain (Hard:6 Insane:7)
Low (kinda, for 2020 mapping standards) AR: (Hard:8 Insane:9 Extra:9.2)

Some examples of this mapping style are Gero, Andrea etc...
muya-
mmmm, blankets
Asphiee

Takakin wrote:

mmmm, blankets
That sounds like me lmao since I started with jonathanlfj style and I think it's one of the foundation of my mapping today.
Narrative
id like to call myself a rip off nevo... like a really bad rip off
Ayker
lots of blankets, lots of overlaps, heavy on the visuals. in summary, a shiirn wannabe c:
z0z
i uhh don't really know

maybe of mix of everything i've exprienced
Uniform

Zecent wrote:

id like to call myself a rip off nevo... like a really bad rip off
Monstrata cosplay from Gucci vs Walmart