forum

Has anyone converted the default Quaver skin for osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Genjuro
I recently started playing Quaver and I found that the default bar skin is pretty nice so I would like to be able to use it for osu. Problem is that I have no idea about skinning.

Here's the download link if anyone wants to attempt and convert it I would be really grateful!
Lights
just copy the note and receptor images into an existing skin and modify the skin.ini to have it use the new skin elements instead of the old. you can also adjust the size and behavior of the skin elements in skin.ini as well
_Vex
oh yes this would be great!
[LS]PositoniX
quaver has 3 default skins, arrow, bar, and circle. which one are you looking for?
Topic Starter
Genjuro
bar
Lights
over the 9 days youve been waiting, you could have converted the skin yourself 9 days ago with minimal effort.
Topic Starter
Genjuro
I spent 3 hours and I couldn't figure it out, even a friend of mine who has experience in converting skins couldn't do it. If it's so easy why don't you do it!
Lights

Genjuro wrote:

I spent 3 hours and I couldn't figure it out, even a friend of mine who has experience in converting skins couldn't do it. If it's so easy why don't you do it!

Lights wrote:

just copy the note and receptor images into an existing skin and modify the skin.ini to have it use the new skin elements instead of the old. you can also adjust the size and behavior of the skin elements in skin.ini as well
that took you 3 hours?

I won't do it because I don't choose to reward laziness. There is help documentation fully explaining how to do everything you're trying to do, but you expect others to do it for you.
Ska
isnt it just like wonder's skin '->'
Topic Starter
Genjuro
Just because I can't do something doesn't mean I'm lazy, just because something might seem straight forward to you doesn't mean it is straight forward for everyone. Anyways a friend of mine managed to convert the skin for me so I guess this thread isn't needed anymore.
Lights

Genjuro wrote:

Just because I can't do something doesn't mean I'm lazy, just because something might seem straight forward to you doesn't mean it is straight forward for everyone. Anyways a friend of mine managed to convert the skin for me so I guess this thread isn't needed anymore.
why didnt you just ask him to in the first place? i digress. glad to hear you got your skin converted. maybe you should upload it so future people don't have this problem?
Full Tablet

Lights wrote:

why didnt you just ask him to in the first place? i digress. glad to hear you got your skin converted. maybe you should upload it so future people don't have this problem?
They aren't the owner of the elements in the skin. You should assume that could lead to legal problems unless the owners explicitly allow it.
Lights

Full Tablet wrote:

Lights wrote:

They aren't the owner of the elements in the skin. You should assume that could lead to legal problems unless the owners explicitly allow it.
the elements of the skin are monocolor rectagnles. good luck winning a legal battle over that
LuriCookie

Lights wrote:

over the 9 days youve been waiting, you could have converted the skin yourself 9 days ago with minimal effort.

Lights wrote:

why didnt you just ask him to in the first place?
Please stop being such an asshole

Full Tablet wrote:

90% sure there won't think there'd be any legal problems unless it was very falsely published or something, in the past I've also tried to convert Quaver's default circle skin to osu!, and Quaver's graphic designer that also designed the default skins helped me out by providing upscaled textures when I asked 'em. He should be cool about it but you can ask him if you're unsure.
Lights

LuriCookie wrote:

Lights wrote:

Lights wrote:

why didnt you just ask him to in the first place?
Please stop being such an asshole
I disagree on the premise that im an asshole. Im not being nice; everything i told him was true and would have been a much more effective way to get his skin than making this forum post.

Laziness should not be rewarded- if he really wanted the skin and asked for help on porting it himself, i would have helped him do so. But rather than educate himself he made excuses.
tgnehs
I tried. It didn't work, so please stop bumping this thread unless you want to put forth the effort into actually making it work. The only way you will be able to get it done is literally converting each individual note manually. Although the skin files are all very similarly named they are completely different and simple renaming conventions won't work. Good luck.
Lights

tgnehs wrote:

I tried. It didn't work, so please stop bumping this thread unless you want to put forth the effort into actually making it work. The only way you will be able to get it done is literally converting each individual note manually. Although the skin files are all very similarly named they are completely different and simple renaming conventions won't work. Good luck.
that takes... 5-10 minutes?
Knubbkorv

Genjuro wrote:

I would love it if you linked/shared the converted version! :D
[ N00B ]
LOL
tgnehs

Lights wrote:

that takes... 5-10 minutes?
https://youtu.be/h32I_7OweA0

Skip to end
show more