forum

hit position limit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
winterlover
i've been using an arrow skin and felt like i couldn't handle it with hitposition in 468 so i've basically changed it to 490 and it seems like it doesn't work since where i hit the buttons in the same position and getting the same result are there any other ways to adjustthe hitposition a much lower point
[LS]PositoniX
to change the location of the receptors, you need to go into your skin folder and manually move down the receptors however much pixels you want to move it down. hit position changes where the notes are actually being hit on screen, not the location of the receptors
Topic Starter
winterlover
oh.. thanks for the reply and i kind of get what your meaning by that but how am i supposed to manually move down the receptors? like i've got this skin from the website and all the basic setting on skin.ini file is all written work cause when i used a BAR skin before i could just change the hitposition part and it just worked as i wanted however it seems like this one's not working
[LS]PositoniX

winterlover wrote:

oh.. thanks for the reply and i kind of get what your meaning by that but how am i supposed to manually move down the receptors? like i've got this skin from the website and all the basic setting on skin.ini file is all written work cause when i used a BAR skin before i could just change the hitposition part and it just worked as i wanted however it seems like this one's not working
1. locate the receptor images by going to your skin.ini, and locating the lines KeyImage0, KeyImage1, KeyImage2, KeyImage3, KeyImage0D, KeyImage1D, KeyImage2D and KeyImage3D. these lines have a directory to what folder the receptors are located in as well to the name of the receptors

2. move the receptor images up or down using your photo editing software of choice. i use paint.net, and to move the receptors, use the rectangle select, followed by the move selected pixels tool to move the receptors up or down however much you please. then, save the image
Topic Starter
winterlover
i'll give it a try thank you for your kind explanation
tgnehs
It’s a painful process to properly align them. It really does. I think long notes help quite a bit to judge the distance. Otherwise it’s trial and error...
Lights

PositoniX wrote:

winterlover wrote:

1. locate the receptor images by going to your skin.ini, and locating the lines KeyImage0, KeyImage1, KeyImage2, KeyImage3, KeyImage0D, KeyImage1D, KeyImage2D and KeyImage3D. these lines have a directory to what folder the receptors are located in as well to the name of the receptors

2. move the receptor images up or down using your photo editing software of choice. i use paint.net, and to move the receptors, use the rectangle select, followed by the move selected pixels tool to move the receptors up or down however much you please. then, save the image
Hmmmface
Full Tablet
The limit for the hit position is 480, which means that you have to press the keys when the bottom row of pixels of the notes touch the bottom of the screen (assuming downscroll). There is no way to set it to a value where the notes have to be hit when they are outside the screen as far as I know.