forum

Standard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PurpleWA
I find it so unfair that you have to hit perfect and above in order to keep your health, how is that fair for people who are trying to get better and have a hard time with accuracy. If this was changed to be like Mania it would be way more fun. Health doesn't go down automatically and you only lose health when you miss a note. This would make the game so much more fun and enjoyable.
Zeus-
As with every other game, good players get rewarded, while not-so-good players get punished in accordance with their performances. Thus, when you drop your accuracy by not hitting the notes in time, the game punishes you by lowering your HP, eventually leading you to the fail screen. Other than that, you can always toggle the No Fail mode on, if you wish to continue playing without worrying about your HP bar.

osu!mania has a similar notion here, as well. However, those two modes are quite different in terms of gameplay elements, so it's hard to judge if the same HP conditions applied to the other.

Since osu! has a relatively long learning curve, I can understand that you are struggling for the time being. The key to the problem is to keep playing, then you will notice the improvement.
qwt
use NoFail 7 digit
Zelzatter Zero
If you consider carefully, you will notice that the Normal difficulty in STD is way less dense than the Normal difficulty in Mania, therefore applying the HP concept of STD into Mania will make most Mania map nearly impossible, while doing the same thing from Mania to STD will make the STD gameplay extremely easy even with 9*+, which shouldn't be happen in the first place.

Imo the current HP concept is way more lenient compare to the previous time when HP even drains on spinner speed and slider length. Just git gud my dude.
abraker
I wish HP was viewed more of a tool than a mechanic. The only thing it does is set a threshold for how many notes in a row a player can do poorly. In a sense it sets a bar for a skill threshold. Currently each map forces certain HP onto a player, but it'd be better if that were something a player can set or remove entirely. Player's skill doesn't change with various HP, so why should how we see the performance assessment of a play change? It is better used as a tool like SD of PF. On a similiar notion, NF having a reduction multiplier also makes no sense.

/rant