forum

[duplicate] Variable approach rate and other cool effects for beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Awesome Aasim
This would be something nice to have in the current osu! client, though if this is implemented in osu!lazer instead, I will completely understand :)

We have beatmaps like Aleph-0 that use hacks to change the approach rate. The only issue is that it is not super reliable and takes so much time. It exploits a bug that is patched in osu!lazer.

One of the things I noticed in beatmaps like this is that the approach rate may need to be changed or frozen. Maybe one thing we can have is that approach rate is dependent on slider velocity and BPM. So an AR 9 map at 240 BPM is different from an AR 9 map at 120 BPM. This should maybe be introduced in the "timing" section of the beatmap editor.

Another thing that would be nice is to have effects that affect the entire beatmap. So an analog glitch effect would glitch the circles, cursor, scoreboard, etc. I have not really storyboarded that much, but the glitch effects I see in beatmaps are static images covering the entire screen (and sometimes video), but it does not affect anything more than the storyboard (which can be turned off). If it affected the entire map, it would make playing it a lot cooler.

If we had ways of doing this, then there would be no need to exploit bugs like the one osu! had with point sliders and break osu!.
abraker