forum

Does scrateched or worn out tablet surface affect gameplay?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kopi
I bought a Veikk S640 around 2 weeks ago, i've been playing with it everyday. Since my playstyle is dragging and mostly jump maps, i noticed that my play area is starting to scratch and become glossy.

Will it affect my gameplay or the lifetime of my tablet? If so, what things i'm should be aware of.
Petal
definitely will affect the lifetime of the tablet overall, consider buying a tablet cover, or just learn how to hover in general.

I press on my tablet pretty hard when dragging, so eventually, you'll notice some dents and places where the tablet is a bit pushed down. But for Veikk S640 I think the main concern would just be scratches and stuff since the tablet is paper-thin so I'd just recommend buying a tablet cover.
Topic Starter
Kopi

Petal wrote:

definitely will affect the lifetime of the tablet overall, consider buying a tablet cover, or just learn how to hover in general.

I press on my tablet pretty hard when dragging, so eventually, you'll notice some dents and places where the tablet is a bit pushed down. But for Veikk S640 I think the main concern would just be scratches and stuff since the tablet is paper-thin so I'd just recommend buying a tablet cover.
Thank you! i'll consider buying a tablet cover
Chiru-kun

Petal wrote:

whoa.

this might sound backwards, but i thought that unscratched tablet surfaces were worse. well, for my case.

when it wasnt scratched over my used tablet area, dragging was really rough. i could feel the friction.

now, i noticed that its a bit marked over my tablet area. but at the same time, it feels much smoother playing.
-Chaeyoung
How hard do you press down? It depends actually. i don't think most people need a tablet cover, unless you want it for aesthetic reasons or your tablet surface is actually screwed up. I put my headphones on it and trash on it and i press pretty hard when i play and it feels fine. I just wipe mine down with water or an alcohol pad once every few days to keep it clean.
Topic Starter
Kopi

-Chaeyoung wrote:

How hard do you press down? It depends actually. i don't think most people need a tablet cover, unless you want it for aesthetic reasons or your tablet surface is actually screwed up. I put my headphones on it and trash on it and i press pretty hard when i play and it feels fine. I just wipe mine down with water or an alcohol pad once every few days to keep it clean.
I actually press down pretty hard when the maps become intense.. I'm just worried in the long term that it would affect my tablet sensor in some way.
SpookyStan
The pressure sensor is in your pen so i wouldn't worry about that, same goes for the tablet itself - it's meant to be drawn upon so the plastic won't wear away too quickly. I've been dragging with my finger / nail on my ctl471 for the past 4 years o so and so far i didn't have any problems with it - if you still want to get something consider a tablet cover / a nice sticker - or even tape some printer paper on it, people did that before, but i personally wouldn't do something like that since it messes with the feeling of using the pen as well as my playstyle.

Edit: I never used the tablet you mentioned so can't say for sure but if it's like Petal says, I'd consider putting something on it.