forum

Featured Video

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
So.. is that ever gonna update? :P

It would be nice if the featured videos were really impressive replays instead of an S of a fairly easy and simple map like it is now...
Cyclone
The featured video is there to show off osu!, not an individual player's skill.
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
mm201
Needs to be something with an epic storyboard. Let's wait for Don't Stop Me Now. *pokes LH*
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

I would like to update it with a new video though. *looks at matty!*
I've been doing some recording lately if you want to steal one of mine.
Jarby
We could try and mindfuck potential players. Everyone loves that, right?
peppy
I wouldn't mind finding someone to be in charge of this front page video section. I have plans to add playlist support and randomise it a bit, but don't have the time to keep up with the maintenance. PM me if you have Flash 10 (or 9, i guess), some time, a system that can record osu! at 60fps. Basic photoshop skills are a bonus!
awp

MetalMario201 wrote:

Needs to be something with an epic storyboard. Let's wait for Don't Stop Me Now. *pokes LH*
Sounds like a good idea, yeah
Atmey
Popular or catchy songs would be good.
Not osu! popular, general public popular.
RemmyX25

peppy wrote:

a system that can record osu! at 60fps.
Shit.

Well, I'll see what I can do. Leaving the limiter at 30fps usually stays constant, almost anything higher and it goes crazy on me.

I probably just need to play with it some more.
Jarby

RemmyX25 wrote:

Shit.

Well, I'll see what I can do. Leaving the limiter at 30fps usually stays constant, almost anything higher and it goes crazy on me.

I probably just need to play with it some more.
Did you try lowering the ingame resolution? That helps a lot with recording anything.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan

mattyu007 wrote:

peppy wrote:

I would like to update it with a new video though. *looks at matty!*
Eheh....Oops :?
Any good map I could record? Tribute?
I guess Tribute would work okay?

Actually I think there would be lots of choices depending on what you're looking at. I don't think we should necessarily try to limit it to well-known rock or anything though, as there's loads of amazing stuff out there to choose from.

Of course, I think regular circulation, or maybe even a menu to select one of multiple maps from various musical genres, would be a very good idea. With a menu, would-be players can see more than one example and would give more opportunity to gain interest, and would allow demonstration of osu!'s capabilities in different areas as well (some maps storyboarded, some with video, skinning, creative use of beat patterns, besides just having maps featuring different kinds of music).
mattyu007
I picked Tribute because it has awesome storyboarding, not because of the song itself
ThePassingShadow
mm201
Right. Storyboarding shouldn't be too extreme because it could lead to confusion, but a plain backdrop doesn't speak to the robustness of this program.

Something subtle but fancy. (Counting You Up is good, just stale.)
peppy
Anything that looks epic, no limitations. Until we get the osu! trailer done. Then it can be default trailer => playlist of epicness.