forum

this just popped up in my head

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
let's say you're a young osu player, but you're also bedridden. you have a terminal illness, and the make-a-wish foundation comes and asks you for what you wish. you decide to make the most unrankable map, breaking every rule and guideline, and you ask, "i wish to get this map ranked for osu!."

what would happen afterwards? would you get the map ranked, or would the map stay graveyarded?
lewski
graved probably lol
Narrative
if its under 10 stars it would probably get ranked

i mean transform by monstrata got ranked but it was a special circumstance like the one you mentioned
Serizawa Haruki
This has nothing to do with transform, it got ranked because it won the aspire contest.

Anyway I doubt anyone would be able to rank a map which is unrankable, even under such circumstances. That's simply not how the ranking system works.
Chiru-kun
willpower of about, say, under 100 people in an official organization versus willpower of some thousands of people internationally
Topic Starter
Dialect

Serizawa Haruki wrote:

This has nothing to do with transform, it got ranked because it won the aspire contest.

Anyway I doubt anyone would be able to rank a map which is unrankable, even under such circumstances. That's simply not how the ranking system works.
i mean considering make-a-wish can get kids to meet john cena, i wouldn't be surprised if osu actually ranked it. but i also wouldn't be surprised if osu didn't rank it.
Lights
more importantly, if the bns and staff at osu declined that kids request on mere grounds of "sorry it doesnt fit the ranking criteria" then that says a lot about their character as people.

But honestly, i think it'd be ranked. Surely the people running this game aren't that heartless and soulless. It'd be nice to hear what some of the bns think about it. (so i know who to make voodoo dolls of)
Nao Tomori
bns obviously wouldnt bubble something unrankable if staff didnt allow it first lol what do you think
Hydreigon
if people like it, then maybe it will get Loved
Topic Starter
Dialect

Nao Tomori wrote:

bns obviously wouldnt bubble something unrankable if staff didnt allow it first lol what do you think
well it is what it is. yeah the kid has an illness, but imo, i understand why bns + staff wouldn't rank it. it'd be completely unfair to others who'd have to work their way up.

if i were in the position of a bn, i'd definitely rank their map regardless, and i wouldn't care less if i got removed from the team because of that. i would've wanted to grant that kids wishes.

but, as i said, bns and staff do not have to rank this kids map solely because they have some illness. my concern tho, is how the kid's family would take it. i'd doubt the kid would actually be mad, rather, they'd be understanding, but the family of the kid might not take it that way, and then "oh osu! doesn't care about hearts at all!"
Zelzatter Zero
There's a mapping drama that argues whether the bg is allowed or not since although it's NSFW, the bg can be seen in almost every museum. But in the end, the mapper still had to decide to change the bg.

I think the same thing will applies to this case. Just because someone want to in this circumstances doesn't mean you have to break all the standard to do it for you. That's not how rules work.

edit: What about other alternatives? Like map the song he wants (though map request is not a thing here, but it's better to make exception than this).