forum

Question about beatmap spread and rankability

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Faxei
I have a beatmap (beatmapsets/1195961/discussion) that I want to try to get to ranked. I know it needs more difficulties, but what are the rules about GD's? Do I need to create another difficulty, or would allowing GD's be enough to rank the map?

I read about it, and I know it has something to do with drain time but it was all pretty confusing.
Zelzatter Zero
You don't need to create another difficulty as lots of mapset are being ranked with map host made only 1 diff and the rest are GDs, but there are 2 things that you should consider:

1. No one can make the ammount of GDs higher than you as a map host. For example, if you had 1 diff in your mapset, then all other people who attend to your map can only make 1 diff, no one are allowed to make 2 diffs or above. This is to not confused that GDers are the host of the mapset instead of you.

2. Reasonable spreads are important. So far there are two rules:
  1. If the drain time of each difficulty is...
    1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
    2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
    3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
  2. All game modes within a beatmapset must form a spread starting from the lowest difficulty level dictated by the song's drain time. For difficulties above the lowest required difficulty level, the spread cannot skip any difficulty levels and there cannot be any drastically large difficulty gaps between any two difficulties.
Topic Starter
Faxei

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

You don't need to create another difficulty as lots of mapset are being ranked with map host made only 1 diff and the rest are GDs, but there are 2 things that you should consider:

1. No one can make the ammount of GDs higher than you as a map host. For example, if you had 1 diff in your mapset, then all other people who attend to your map can only make 1 diff, no one are allowed to make 2 diffs or above. This is to not confused that GDers are the host of the mapset instead of you.

2. Reasonable spreads are important. So far there are two rules:
  1. If the drain time of each difficulty is...
    1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
    2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
    3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
  2. All game modes within a beatmapset must form a spread starting from the lowest difficulty level dictated by the song's drain time. For difficulties above the lowest required difficulty level, the spread cannot skip any difficulty levels and there cannot be any drastically large difficulty gaps between any two difficulties.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, if I got GD's for a Hard, Insane, then with my difficulty (being an Expert diff), it meets the minimum difficulty spread.

Are there any special rules then on GD's that are above my highest (host) difficulty level? (say Expert+)
Zelzatter Zero
First, your drain time is 1:59, way below the 3:30 standard, which means you have to made an at least Easy difficulty, not just Hard one.

Secondly, there are no rules towards GDs that has higher difficulty than the host's diff, except:

Difficulty names in a beatmapset must be clearly progressive and accurately indicating of their respective difficulties, excluding:
  1. The highest difficulty.
  2. The highest difficulties with a similar level of difficulty, applying only to Insane and Extra difficulties (e.g. the Insane difficulties of a ENHIIII set or the Extra difficulties of a ENHIIXXX set).
Topic Starter
Faxei
Ah, okay. That explains a lot. Thank you!
lewski

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

at least Easy difficulty
Normal
Zelzatter Zero

lewski wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

at least Easy difficulty
Normal
Oops my bad.
Asphiee

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
so, its not required to make Normal when you're map is in this length?
Zelzatter Zero

Asphyre wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
so, its not required to make Normal when you're map is in this length?
Yup.