forum

Tab button for spoiler settings [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
Dexus
There should be some sort of button/icon/tab/anything to show that the spoiler settings are there and to make it easier to get to them. It happens often to where the settings will kind of awkwardly struggle to be shown and wont come out unless you're within 1 pixel of the edge. Doing this on the fly is an issue sometimes for those maps with fast beginnings and it forces you to pause or restart the map. This is a big pain in multiplayer where it can't be paused. Plus I don't think new players would ever think to hover over to the left to show a panel that shows no indication that it's even there. I will also say that there are some maps where it will not show the spoiler settings at all unless you pause the game, I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's how the maps are set up.

To make what I said simple so no one misunderstands:

A tab-like button for spoiler settings to allow easier access during gameplay

This isn't to be confused with requests that state having the spoiler settings available before you start the map [that would be nice though]. I'm certain there are already threads for that, so I'm not going to bother asking. This is just a request for one button to be added.
theowest
I drew a nice picture of your request

jemhuntr
me too
Sakura
I dont know, peppy discourages the use of fun spoiler settings afaik, so im guessing that's why it's somewhat hidden.
jemhuntr
oh I forgot about fading it out if the scoreboard is there and fade it back in when paused
Hiryuu_old
In my opinion, It's not really necessary, if you want to change the fun spoiler settings easily, just before the song is about to start press Esc and hover your cursor to the left area and it'll pop up really easily. If you have dimmed the background in the beginning and want to change it a little bit brighter, when there is a small pause break, press esc and do the same thing.
jemhuntr
aww but it looks cooler
TheVileOne
tab hides the scoreboard in multiplayer. You wont be able to use it for that. However I agree, it is pretty difficult to set fun spoilers in multiplayer.

Wait, an ingame button? I disagree. It's supposed to be a hidden option. Plus it would get in the way of the scoreboard. This idea has nothing going for it. ._.

inb4invalid
theowest

TheVileOne wrote:

tab hides the scoreboard in multiplayer. You wont be able to use it for that. However I agree, it is pretty difficult to set fun spoilers in multiplayer.
how about it fade in and out when you're not using it.
the current behaviour, but have this tab.
Topic Starter
Dexus
The tab button could be small and above the leaderboard, and it could fade during gameplay. I should've said more to it. There's enough room in between the spectator list and the scoreboard to put it there.

it doesn't really have to be big.
Archangel Tirael
Looks pretty, photoshop masters! Support! ;)
Heibel

ShinseinaTenshi wrote:

just before the song is about to start press Esc and hover your cursor to the left area and it'll pop up really easily.
Yes that's fine and all, but it doesn't work in multiplayer since you cannot stop time and pause the game for 8 people at the same time
theowest

Dexus wrote:

The tab button could be small and above the leaderboard, and it could fade during gameplay. I should've said more to it. There's enough room in between the spectator list and the scoreboard to put it there.

it doesn't really have to be big.
I like that a lot. Good job
TheVileOne
I'm pretty sure this is now invalid. Is there really a need to have a button press to open up the settings anymore?
theowest
I don't think so, it's so much easier now when you can bring it up from below.
MillhioreF
In fact, it's probably more of a hassle NOT to find and open now! Marking this resolved.