forum

Can you change the bpm/speed of a map mid way through a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jwils
hi i was wondering if it is possible to change the speed of the beatmap mid way through a map

idk if this was a dumb question because im pretty new at making beatmaps and if you want to try my first beatmap here it is : beatmapsets/1191970#osu/2483775
Nijika Ijichi
if you go to the timing point menu, add a new point and uncheck the inherit from previous timing point thing the timing point will turn red and you'll be able to change bpm and offset

with most songs you shouldn't need this though, check to make sure you have the right initial bpm/offset or get someone else to do it (i'm not at my computer right now)
Esutarosa
About BPM and Offset. To check BPM, you can take the same map from someone else. It’s best to check BPM with the help of programs for this, or using special sites for measuring BPM. To set the offset, put 3-5 (7) notes in a row on white or blue ticks (depending on the map). And check in slowdown. If all the notes perfectly match the tick, then the offset is built correctly. If the ticks do not match, then you should also configure the offset

This is one way to set it up. And yes, as already mentioned above, having 2+ BPM tracks on 1 map is not always necessary. Modern maps often come with 1 road. If you need to change the sound or the speed of the sliders, then it is better to take the usual section