forum

Nostalgia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Want 2 Buy Avon
I'm mostly posting for my own hubris but coming back onto osu 5 years after I gave up on ranking and quit the game has been such a nostalgia trip. For some context I found the game in February of 2014 and quickly fell in love with it. I'd say I was minorly addicted honestly and soon my osu friends replaced my real life and xbox friends. I was working part time and still 20 years old so I was able to play quite a bit.

I quickly went from not playing to 6k plays a month and it was honestly one of the best times of my life. I made tons of friends and would stay up for hours on end playing and talking with them. I had a group of friends that would stay up for 24-36 hours together in skype from all around the world just having a great time. As all good times do they came to an end over petty drama over time and my group of 12 friends slowly shrank down to 8, then 6, then just 3 and things became complicated due to a romantic nature with one of my friends until it was just me and her and we migrated away from osu.

Things in my life have not gone well overall, I'm 27 now and unable to enjoy anything anymore, I long for those nights being up until 3 or 4 in the morning with friends all over the world laughing until I cry and it tears me apart knowing the good old days are truly behind me. If you are younger and play this game just enjoy iy, enjoy your friends, and enjoy the game even if it can be frustrating at times.
Simon12
Why not get back into it?
We can be osu buddies if you'd like.
Topic Starter
Want 2 Buy Avon
I've been trying to get back into but it's discouraging that I can't get any top plays like I used to, I can't even fc any of my top ranks.
MusicRitman
Totally feel you. Can't play my top plays because were offline a long time. My hands feel uncomfortable when playing which is making me miss circles.
abraker
I think it will take you at least a month to FC your top ranks. You were gone for a long time, don't expect getting back to your peak be easy. I suggest pretending your top ranks don't exist and finding someone who matches your current skill.
tgnehs
Play some multiplayer in lobbies. Can be surprisingly fun regardless of whether the maps chosen are your skill level or not, just being able to talk with others makes the experience.
Topic Starter
Want 2 Buy Avon
thanks for showing me support, it got me to play again and at least I can pass a 5 star map so not too bad

Makan1

Simon12 wrote:

Why not get back into it?
We can be osu buddies if you'd like.
can we be osu! buddies bro I am looking for some friends. I was inactive for 3 years and all my friends gone and I just come back.

anyone wanna be osu! buddies with me send me dm on osu thanks guys
haha i rolypoly
can feel you, I can't basically fc that much anymore because im currently lost. Also you can gain friends from playing multiplayer and being epic on the forums. I know two cool doods because of that lol