forum

PM allowed only for friend [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +755
show more
MrDante1281
I want to say welcome back and i guess we all miss you at least me :) and I'm with you man good luck :P
H_Hitachiin

Puncia wrote:

Primula wrote:

I agree with this, along with an option to only allow friends to spectate.. I get nervous when random people spectate me. ;---;
It's sad seeing players like Cookiezi being spectated only by..20-50 players lol
Actually, he got 500+ spectators when he returned...
-Ryuujii-
how do i vote? im new to this game,and yes i hate when peoplel i dont know message me out of nowhere
Kanye West

Marcin wrote:

Just because it's WW request, you're going to shoot stars like crazy?
No, we're going to shoot stars because it's actually a good idea.
Hiryuu_old
Well, I'll give it a star. +1
neurosis

Marcin wrote:

ww or not its a staple privacy option almost everywhere
Tsukasalove
Hmmmm, i think this should be apply for people who has more than 25 friends or so~ Because if you want to meet new people and you aren't allowed to, is very sad.
Aoko
Its better if this option would have a yes/no button, since not everyone wants to have this option.
theowest

Tsukasalove wrote:

Hmmmm, i think this should be apply for people who has more than 25 friends or so~ Because if you want to meet new people and you aren't allowed to, is very sad.
that depends if you want more friends or not.
Archangel Tirael
How I can PM peppy in this case for example?
-------
I want that this function can be disableble (Yeah! I write it without Google Translate! :D )
OR
I want ignorelist with ability to quick adding to it.
Mythras
He wants an option, which is off by default, so it doesn't effect anybody that it doesn't need to. There's no reason not to have something like this.
theowest

Archangel Tirael wrote:

How I can PM peppy in this case for example?
-------
I want that this function can be disableble (Yeah! I write it without Google Translate! :D )
OR
I want ignorelist with ability to quick adding to it.
That's up to peppy. If he wants anyone to contact him or not.

I think moderators should be able to contact you despite this "Friends only" request.
Haenohira_Reino
I agree :oops: !
Mismagius

IwillDominate wrote:

how do i vote? im new to this game,and yes i hate when peoplel i dont know message me out of nowhere
nice avatar you got there
Coffeezi
it makes sense
Goodbye Shin
I wonder why this isn't implemented yet.
Kuro
Wtf!? This request went up only 13 hours ago and already has so many stars :o

Back on topic, I wouldn't mind if this gets implemented.. It looks like top standard players need it most anyway :P
AnimeDubstep_old
you right WW voted :D
those
Not too sure if this is entirely possible; do you actually know how IRC works?
Rei Hakurei
ummm maybe a Bancho command (like: !privacy <code> <username> , 0 - limits to all , 1 - limits to friend , 2 - ignore person, 3 - whitelist person) can be implemented.
since Bancho able to filter "^" becomes "I agree!" in PM too, i remember about "almost want to have babies" lol...
Topic Starter
WubWoofWolf

those wrote:

Not too sure if this is entirely possible; do you actually know how IRC works?
I have no idea but I hope it is not "that" hard thing to do
biarin
this feature for pro only, i dont need this....
Jordan
Not supporting :/ Do you really think much people actually need this? Probably only WW and Cookiezi
Renard_old
support but only if theres a switch to enable/disable the feature
Purple

Jordan wrote:

Not supporting :/ Do you really think much people actually need this? Probably only WW and Cookiezi
You are right, only a small % of players have this issue, but that doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it. It really is the developers fault in this case; the only thing this small % of players can do to combat this issue is to have multi's (which isn't allowed) or to just not come online at all.

They (peppy and company) attribute the lack of privacy to the "community" goal the game has. I do like the openness of OSU but it shouldn't go too far. I want to know of a single successful community where people have no right to be left alone. It would be like a village where everyone can flock into your home and theres nothing you can do about it, other than leaving.
Marcin

emmy wrote:

Marcin wrote:

ww or not its a staple privacy option almost everywhere
OH come on, there is plenty of better requests than simple checkbox.
peppy

Purple wrote:

Jordan wrote:

You are right, only a small % of players have this issue, but that doesn't mean that nothing should be done about it. It really is the developers fault in this case; the only thing this small % of players can do to combat this issue is to have multi's (which isn't allowed) or to just not come online at all.

They (peppy and company) attribute the lack of privacy to the "community" goal the game has. I do like the openness of OSU but it shouldn't go too far. I want to know of a single successful community where people have no right to be left alone. It would be like a village where everyone can flock into your home and theres nothing you can do about it, other than leaving.
I do not see this as a fault. You can close PM tabs at an insane speed using Ctrl+W. You can completely ignore them if you wish. It is not impairing gameplay, and no one is forced to play offline to avoid this.

I am not saying that no action will be taken, but please do not call this a fault or a privacy issue. It is not. It's equivalent to the fact that anyone can put mail in your mailbox. No one is invading your home.
Cygnus
Besides, it's the player's fault for being too popular *.* bahahaha
Yoshioka-
Agreed ! 8-)
ryza

peppy wrote:

I do not see this as a fault. You can close PM tabs at an insane speed using Ctrl+W. You can completely ignore them if you wish. It is not impairing gameplay, and no one is forced to play offline to avoid this.
Just saying, but when receiving that many PM's it's pretty hard to tell the spam from the ones you actually want to read I'm sure

closing them that fast isn't necessarily an option
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

Philippines wrote:

yeah, if ppl can't spam WW or cookiezi, it's just disappointing for them, atleast give them a chance to speak to their idol(?), even if u don't respond
Kuro

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

Philippines wrote:

yeah, if ppl can't spam WW or cookiezi, it's just disappointing for them, atleast give them a chance to speak to their idol(?), even if u don't respond
lol, you say it as if it's ok to get tons of random messages from people you don't know :lol:
Chyo-Kun
support
she_old
> Asked 18 hours ago
> +393

whoa
PhiLL A
>Asked 19 hours ago
>+417
Also, support without a star.
Topic Starter
WubWoofWolf

peppy wrote:

You can close PM tabs at an insane speed using Ctrl+W. You can completely ignore them if you wish.
Easy enough but I feel unfair ignoring somone and many people may feel offened about it.
NoUserPlay
I disagree, just accept it if you have a toggle button, ie each player's preference, there are players who simply like the idea that messages arrive not non-friends but others do not, in my opinion respecting the decision of each player whether to activate or not. Nor does it seem fair admissions activate an option only for friends.

Sorry for my bad English!!!
laserpollo

Lally wrote:

lol no, only because your the #2 you become pms what about other ppl? what is when you ignore all and a admin must told you a importantant notice? just put off pop up from new messages and all is done orz or is it to difficult to close a chat?

White Wolf wrote:

an option to disable getting PMs in-game by non-friendlisted people
Of course switch to enable/disable it
cirno-_old

Renard wrote:

support but only if theres a switch to enable/disable the feature
This and a force so staff/moderators can still pm.
taskee_old
dobry pomysl ;)
show more