forum

How does Osu! handle mouse input on different operating systems?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shirou1337_DELETED
Basically title. I switched to Linux a while ago and was able to get Osu! running successfully multiple times but the problem I'm facing is with Mouse input. I play with sensitivity 3.7x on Windows for months now and when I started playing on Linux I immediately noticed a huge difference between the game experience.

I was trying to get used to it but it ended up switching back to Windows again to play Osu!, I've been thinking about trying to use the Liquorix kernel instead of the standard one but I don't think that will make any change because mouse input is handled by udev.
marshallracer
Is mouse acceleration disabled in Windows and did you try to attempt to do the same on Linux?
Depending on your distro (and if you're using X) you can disable it completely if desired

To me, after disabling acceleration it didn't feel much different to Windows (although admittedly, I'm playing on 1.0 accel in osu)
Topic Starter
Shirou1337_DELETED

marshallracer wrote:

Is mouse acceleration disabled in Windows and did you try to attempt to do the same on Linux?
Depending on your distro (and if you're using X) you can disable it completely if desired

To me, after disabling acceleration it didn't feel much different to Windows (although admittedly, I'm playing on 1.0 accel in osu)
Where can I find that option? I never change any mouse windows on Linux nor on Windows, I'm currently running Artix Linux with GNOME, I have the pointer precision option on in Windows but I think it's turned on by default on every PC.
marshallracer
Yeah, they renamed or reworked mouse acceleration in Windows to that Pointer Precision mode I think

As for GNOME, tbh I haven't really done much with it as I don't really like it as a DE but after a quick Google Search there are GUIs like Gnome Tweaks which should give you the ability to disable mouse acceleration with a few click

That's not saying it will make your mouse behave like in Windows or what you're used to in any way but imo it improves mouse behaviour in general considerably