forum

What is consider as average for osu! standard?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Keredna
This is a pretty opinionated topic, but I'd like to know what is considered as average for osu! standard players now a days.

The people listed on the Top 10 most underrated players forum are clearly out of the window. I would even say the top 2000 players on global pp rank are top players.

Not to brag or anything, but I personally consider myself as an above average player (not qualified to be called a pro yet). But who knows, I might actually be just an average player who played too many maps. =P

PP probably isn't a consistent enough way to tell what a person's skill level is. I'm currently ranked in the top 3000s, but I've lost to players in the 5000s and 9000s before in multiplayer matches.

So yea, I'd like to hear from the public what you feel is considered average these days.
MillhioreF
I'd place my personal opinion on average as around PP rank 5000-20000. That's the skill level where Hards and easier Insanes are good difficulties.
silmarilen

MillhioreF wrote:

I'd place my personal opinion on average as around PP rank 5000-20000. That's the skill level where Hards and easier Insanes are good difficulties.
yea thats about the range i would put as average aswell, although 5k is already pretty skillful, so maybe more like 10-20k
she_old
I think I'm below average, so anyone that plays better than me is average.
Aqo
Skills that an average osu!standard player is expected to have in 2012:

- Be able to get accuracy above 90% on OD7 on anything that is not a stream map
- Be able to stream up to at least 180bpm for quite a while (at least 20 notes)
- Be able to read up to at least AR9 comfortably
- Be able to aim at CS4 up to at least SV 1.8 per bpm up to 200 with up to at least 1.0 DS on object spacing

Skills for somewhat higher standard average osu!standard player:

- Be able to get accuracy above 95% on OD7 on anything including stream maps (even if it takes retries)
- Be able to stream up to at least 200bpm for quite a while (at least 50 notes)
- Be able to read up to at least AR10 comfortably
- Be able to aim at CS4 up to at least SV 2.5 per bpm up to 240 with up to at least 1.4 DS on object spacing, as well as CS5 on lower speeds than 180bpm
silmarilen
according to aqo's standards im barely average
you have to remember that we are talkinga bout all i dont know how many thousand osu players there are, not the ones that go to the forums.
Mara
Anyone who doesn't bitch most of the time about useless stuff and focus on having fun playing the game is above average. Not even kidding.

Therefore FisHie is the greatest player.
enik
@Aqo: If you stream 180 bpm you can easy get at least 96% acc on pretty much every map within this bpm. And streaming 200 bpm for 50 notes is like.. not average at all.

New players improving really fast nowdays and it's logical because overall osu! players skill is constantly increases and even top players are still learning the game. So there're new crazy maps, new goals to reach.

I'd say an average player is something between what aqo said:
95% acc, 190bpm for 20 notes, reading ar10 partly.
buny

loseri wrote:

imust be trash
she_old

Mara wrote:

FisHie is the greatest player.
YES

buny wrote:

loseri wrote:

imust be trash
buny god tier
silmarilen
in terms of skill i would say being able to pass easy insanes with a decent accuracy (doesnt have to be FC yet) is pretty good, being able to fc most of the beginner insanes on sight read is above average already.
Marblehead
TIL that ranks #300-#700 are average.
Back to practice.
Next goal: become average!
she_old

silmarilen wrote:

in terms of skill i would say being able to pass easy insanes with a decent accuracy (doesnt have to be FC yet) is already quite average, being able to fc most of the beginner insanes on sight read is above average already.
See I'm shit tier >:
silmarilen
you and aqo are a special case
buny
maggot tier reporting for duty
lolcubes
I would say an average player is someone who can S/A "normal" insanes. Regardless of rank. Accuracy is a moot point because it will vary between tries, however to fulfill the above criteria, it should be around 94% at least.
Unless my viewpoint is heavily distorted because this is what I was doing when I considered myself something like average (back then I couldn't even stream more than 9 notes, any bpm).
Tanzklaue
according to aqo, almost no one is a higher average player. dat AR 10 and streamability.

then again, the OD.criteria is ridiculous. even I, as a complete accuracy noob, can get easily above 95% on OD7, if I try really hard. so if my streaming wouldn't be abysmal, I would probably near average according to aqo.

according to me, I'm not even near average. my streaming is not een good enough to be called simply "bad", and my accuracy is also really bad. and beyond 200 BPM I am just lost.
Aqo

Tanzklaue wrote:

then again, the OD.criteria is ridiculous. even I, as a complete accuracy noob, can get easily above 95% on OD7
above 95% on OD7 on stream maps or on non stream maps?

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47757
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/55802
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/60081
Tanzklaue

OD8, 196 BPM, streamy as hell. COME AT ME

ok, this is probably the best score I ever achieved. and streaming is kinda that what holds me back at getting any better at this game, but generally, if the map is not a deathstream and jumpcompilation: yes, yes it is easy for a player around my level and it should be even easier for others.
silmarilen

Aqo wrote:

Tanzklaue wrote:

then again, the OD.criteria is ridiculous. even I, as a complete accuracy noob, can get easily above 95% on OD7
above 95% on OD7 on stream maps or on non stream maps?

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47757
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/55802
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/60081
>linking a bunch of really hard maps only a couple hundred people can actually fc

yeah... if thats required to be average cookiezi is the only mildly good player
show more