forum

Ultimate Skinning Challenge! (Who Will Prevail?!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nephasth
I just thought of a game which could be fun. Here's how it works. I have to make a basic skin using only the first image posted which would be usable as a background. However, the person who posted that has to make a skin from the next usable background image and so on. In the event something like what BRBP and myself have caused where two people challenge each other, then others are free to step up, either by posting an image as a challenge, or stating they will accept the next image as a challenge.

NEW FORMAT: You take up the challenge by selecting an image which hasn't already been already taken up and at the same time you post an image for the next challenger! If you'd like you can also declare that you'll accept the next image posted, this would in fact be encouraged.

Images can only be rejected if there are reasonable grounds (inappropriate content, the picture is just a single coloured rectangle, common sense should dictate this list). The focus here isn't on professional or perfect skins (or even skins which are easy to play with), it's about working with constraints, a relatively quick turn-around time (to keep things moving!), hopefully some creative and silly results and of course fun! 8-)

I think having to make the following should be good:
(If you feel something should be added or removed from the list you're more than welcome to suggest it)

- Hitcircles
- Numbers
- Slider ball
- Cursor
- Scorebar-ki, scorebar-kidanger and scorebar-kidanger2 images
- Section pass/fail images
- Hitbursts
- Spinner (spinner-background, spinner-circle, spinner-clear, spinner-metre, spinner-osu and spinner-spin)
- Original image as a pause-overlay or fail-background so we can tell what was used

Each element should contain at least something from the original image, in addition to whatever you throw at it with GIMP/Photoshop/whatever you kids are using these days. What was used from the original image should still be recognizable! Part of the fun could be piecing together where all the bits originated from ^^

If the image doesn't have any text or numbers you'll still need to make them from the image itself!

And lastly, you can always add more elements if you're on a roll!

Edit: One more rule! Once you have accepted a challenge, you can't give out more challenges until you're done that skin.

If you successfully complete a challenge, post your download link and screenshots (if available) in this thread and I'll update the list below to link to your skin's post (that way you can update links etc. if necessary)

Successful Challengers:
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
Nephasth

BRBP wrote:

Challenge accepted! 8-)
VoidnOwO

Nephasth wrote:

8-)
Challenge accepted!

Almost done
Topic Starter
Nephasth
Since BRBP accepted my emote, we need someone to step up to take a challenge!
Topic Starter
Nephasth
Done! I feel like I've created something so astoundingly dumb that it became awesome again, I love the end result :)

Edit: Whoa, I noticed it has this cool optical illusion which makes it look like there's depth to the object placement.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4l6f4o1h3j9o41t

Screenshots:

WHO ELSE WISHES TO TAKE ON THE ULTIMATE SKINNING CHALLENGE?!
_dog

YES! YES! YES!
Topic Starter
Nephasth
Alright, because of the mix-up there will be a change in the format. Someone will take up the challenge by accepting an image (or in this case be given one) and you must leave an image for the next person.

TheGrimOfCrazy! Here is your image!

The next challenger must take on the picture posted by TheGrimOfCrazy!
TeabagNation
Nephasth! Here is your image!

Character identities are here if you care.

Also you should probably stop posting in here, or you're gonna get stuck making a loooot of skins.
Topic Starter
Nephasth

TeabagNation wrote:

Nephasth! Here is your image!

Character identities are here if you care.

Also you should probably stop posting in here, or you're gonna get stuck making a loooot of skins.
Haha I'm safe, the format was changed when BRBP and myself took each other on. Now it's you choose a picture and leave a picture for the next challenger. Grim came in before that switch was made, so I left a picture for him, his picture is for the next person. It's pretty confusing though with all of the changes xD
TeabagNation
So I've got ribs. Awesome.
Kunieda

Nephasth wrote:

Done! I feel like I've created something so astoundingly dumb that it became awesome again, I love the end result :)

Edit: Whoa, I noticed it has this cool optical illusion which makes it look like there's depth to the object placement.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4l6f4o1h3j9o41t

Screenshots:

WHO ELSE WISHES TO TAKE ON THE ULTIMATE SKINNING CHALLENGE?!
DAT TROLLFACE
Edit : HAVE SOME HOTDOG :3

Seriously, there's got a puppy here...
TeabagNation
Ribs.

I hope to never again lay eyes on the evil I've just wrought.

Topic Starter
Nephasth

TeabagNation wrote:

Ribs.

I hope to never again lay eyes on the evil I've just wrought.

Hahaha I love it!
TeabagNation

Nephasth wrote:

Hahaha I love it!
Well I'm glad someone does :P

As a side note, I think the format you started with was better. It has the thrill of not knowing what picture you're gonna get stuck with when the next contestant posts.
Topic Starter
Nephasth

TeabagNation wrote:

Nephasth wrote:

Hahaha I love it!
Well I'm glad someone does :P

As a side note, I think the format you started with was better. It has the thrill of not knowing what picture you're gonna get stuck with when the next contestant posts.
Fair enough, but we still need more challengers though. I'm cool with someone coming in and saying that they'll take the next picture posted.

C'mon challengers! I figured there'd be more people who could make skins in the skinning section! Let's go :)
jabberwockey
I accept your challenge!
Topic Starter
Nephasth

Shoily wrote:

I accept your challenge!
As no one has stepped up to declare your trial, as the self-appointed dictator of this thread I will assign you your challenge!

BEHOLD
H_Hitachiin
*walks away slowly*
Topic Starter
Nephasth

H_Hitachiin wrote:

*walks away slowly*
Admit it, you keep checking my threads because you secretly enjoy them. 8-)
jabberwockey
I guess I should post my progress! I'm actually thankful you didn't give me a crazy picture!

TeabagNation
That sliderball.
jabberwockey

TeabagNation wrote:

That sliderball.
I liked it so much that I'm using it my own skin u v u;; hehe
Topic Starter
Nephasth
I want to use that sliderball so badly, I can't wait to see when you're done :)
_dog
Sorry, for not making the skin. I had taken a break from osu after accepting the challenge and when I came back, I forgot all about it. I will get started now.