forum

Am i pressureing myself to much?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shire
I started playing around 5 months ago, and i only play like 5,5* - 6-1* maps... and the thing is i play them to get better at maps like that but i don't know if i should go back to 4* maps or something like that? another "probem" is that i don't really have anyone to play with that plays 5,5* - 6* maps... and i get bored when i play alone really quick lol so i can but atst cannot get better at maps like that so am i pressureing myself to much, only because i want to get better at osu! ?

OOC: Sorry if this thread is hard to understand lol i can't really say it in a different way :/ + my english is probably to bad for it so yea, hope you get what i'm saying lol

Thanks to everyone that read it <3
Saen
Trust me, I have experienced this before (Back at the day, I can pass uta, freedom dive, image material, even i passed an eight star and a 9.7* map)
If you keep playing star way beyond your skill level
It won't make you good instead makes your skills way WORSE

The problem is you will get used to them, but at the same time your actual skill is still way under the actual required skill of the map

It will not only ruin your consistency but your skill as well.

Return to 4* maps, no go BACK to 3* and slowly go up from them, get your consistency back.

It literally took me ~300 hours to get my consistency back... so don't get too far doing these. fix it as fast as you can
YamichanKawaii
hm can u really play all maps with 5.5* - 6.1*?
if yes then u should be able to fc maps with streams and bursts
if not then go back 0.5* and do it again until u find the perfect star range cuz i rly doubt that u can play 5.5 - 6.1*
Sentem
yea I would recommend going down some stars bro.
Arm
talking from experience, i haven't recovered from the period where i did what you're doing, and my accuracy is suffering. The good news is that doing these kinds of harder maps more will improve you're sight reading and aim slightly, but you will always have the habit of clicking circles too fast because of you playing harder maps.