forum

Rumia Skin

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
TeabagNation
I certainly can. I'll give you some options, too.

Here's a zip containing the source of the screenshot I posted, an alternative that I didn't post, and this latest creation...

Kuro
Wow, you're a genius! :o
I didn't even think about aligning it to the right!
It reminds me of a Final Fantasy game I had, now my life is complete :'D

EDIT: I love the "BEST" folder you included. It will certainly come in handy when I only want to play taiko :lol:
Topic Starter
TeabagNation
There are some downsides. The buttons are still anchored at their original positions, but have massive transparent sections to appear where they are now. As a result, clicking pretty much anywhere on the screen will activate one of the buttons. That said, they do look pretty damn good.

Kuro wrote:

EDIT: I love the "BEST" folder you included. It will certainly come in handy when I only want to play taiko :lol:
I find it very useful :D
TicClick
Add some space around the digits. Why? Check http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/523884 and see what's going on in the top right corner. When the accuracy value's last digit is 0, it partially goes offscreen.

Also, you definitely need a custom comma image and non-transparent star2 one.
Kuro

TeabagNation wrote:

There are some downsides. The buttons are still anchored at their original positions, but have massive transparent sections to appear where they are now. As a result, clicking pretty much anywhere on the screen will activate one of the buttons. That said, they do look pretty damn good.
Ikr

I cropped portions from the bottom of special-fruits and special-mania until special-mania was the same distance from the bottom as special-taiko is from the top and special-fruits was centered in between.

Like so:

The position of the cursor is as high as I can click on osu!mania before it highlights Catch the Beat. A little higher than before to make it less noticeable. :D
Topic Starter
TeabagNation

TicClick wrote:

Add some space around the digits. Why? Check http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/523884 and see what's going on in the top right corner. When the accuracy value's last digit is 0, it partially goes offscreen.

Also, you definitely need a custom comma image and non-transparent star2 one.
I think what you mean is I should decrease the text offset. Much less work than editing every number's sprite. Either way, I fixed it instead by adding a little padding to the invisible % sign that would normally be at that position.

Comma - Yes. I will fix it. How do you make the accuracy show with a comma instead of a period? I've never seen that before.

Star2 - No. Black parts of sprites are ignored by the program for star2, and having a bunch of white sparkles looks silly mixed with the rest of the skin.

Kuro wrote:

The position of the cursor is as high as I can click on osu!mania before it highlights Catch the Beat. A little higher than before to make it less noticeable. :D
Looks like my options are to either move Taiko up more and Mania down more, or just stick with the unaligned setup. I didn't notice that overlap until you mentioned it. It's a pretty big problem, since I assume there'll be people downloading who don't read the whole thread, and they'll just think it's broken
TicClick

TeabagNation wrote:

Comma - Yes. I will fix it. How do you make the accuracy show with a comma instead of a period? I've never seen that before.
I'd be happy to get it shown with a period, but our country uses comma as a decimal mark instead.
Kuro

TeabagNation wrote:

Kuro wrote:

Looks like my options are to either move Taiko up more and Mania down more, or just stick with the unaligned setup. I didn't notice that overlap until you mentioned it. It's a pretty big problem, since I assume there'll be people downloading who don't read the whole thread, and they'll just think it's broken
I'll move them both and spread them out farther to keep it symmetrical and probably get rid of that overlap as well

Edit:I put in a request to make the anchoring point for the buttons changeable. It'll probably be changeable in the skin.ini file as a set of co-ordinates.
Xavi
Dats a sexy skin o.o( well by sexy i mean awesome) Great Job man o3o :)
queen lorelei
Great skin but the combo burst only seem to come out of one side for me.
Topic Starter
TeabagNation

queen lorelei wrote:

Try setting it on autoplay and just watching the computer go for a bit. Maybe you're missing the combos that would come from that side, or just not noticing them? I just watched the computer play a song, and saw the bursts coming from both sides.
exlicht
our youkai of darkness in Gensokyo has just arrived in osu! !!! \(O`A´O)/
ALL HAIL RUMIA!
DeletedUser_414409
nice skin you have
it's simple
Ku-sua

queen lorelei wrote:

Topic Starter
TeabagNation

Ku-sua and queen lorelei wrote:

I'm still not sure how that's happening, or even if it's happening. What resolution do you play at, and is it windowed or fullscreen? Which mode are you playing in? Have you tried watching a perfect replay to just watch for the combo bursts popping out?
Cristian
All is awsome BUT "default-comma.jpg" need to be in the skin, looks horrible
just saying
[Luanny]
JhowM must check this skin D:
nice one btw
Topic Starter
TeabagNation
Hokay. I made some updates (including a skinned comma). Here's V1.1.

Some of the changes include...

Pause BG
Fail BG
Taiko bar cleanup
Unranked notifier
Special mode select
Context menu buttons
Comma
Score bar cleanup
3-2-1-Go images and sounds
Better colour scheme and button visibility on map select screen
Kuro
You'll need to fix ranking-panel.png for widescreen support o/

It doesn't fit anymore: :P

Topic Starter
TeabagNation
Bahhhhhh updates.

Once the proper resolutions get figured out by MLGnom et al, I'll fix mine up. Too busy with work and Christmas to play around with it myself right now :(

For now, just turning the ranking panel into a blank image gives passable results. You get the playfield image of rumia holding her arms out facing away from the viewer.
KyuuSenpaiSama
I love you~ ;w;