forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Unfortunately it's likely I will have to discontinue this service as the server it was running on has failed, and the replacement server I am building will probably not have a good enough GPU.

Edit: Confirmed - definitely not powerful enough, sorry
Rika-chan
Aw, that stinks.

Thanks for the good times though!

I guess I'll have to go and figure out Arch so that I can continue to be lazy with my recordings.

Would a VM be sufficient do you think? I have more than enough spare RAM, CPU, and GPU resources to go around, but running WINE in a VM seems kinda strange to me.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

CarlGel wrote:

Aw, that stinks.

Thanks for the good times though!

I guess I'll have to go and figure out Arch so that I can continue to be lazy with my recordings.

Would a VM be sufficient do you think? I have more than enough spare RAM, CPU, and GPU resources to go around, but running WINE in a VM seems kinda strange to me.
You probably won't be able to run it in a VM, as guest 3d acceleration of any great speed tends to only work for windows guests
Rika-chan

Darkimmortal wrote:

You probably won't be able to run it in a VM, as guest 3d acceleration of any great speed tends to only work for windows guests
Got it, thanks.

Maybe if I stop being lazy, I'll go and find one of my spare computers and start installing on that.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

CarlGel wrote:

Darkimmortal wrote:

Got it, thanks.

Maybe if I stop being lazy, I'll go and find one of my spare computers and start installing on that.
To be honest you'd probably be better off just running it on Windows directly, just substitute GLC for something like dxtory and add a bit of code to trigger recording and find the resulting file
Rika-chan

Darkimmortal wrote:

To be honest you'd probably be better off just running it on Windows directly, just substitute GLC for something like dxtory and add a bit of code to trigger recording and find the resulting file
True. Thanks for the suggestions.
[Kanzaki Ranko]
Darkimmortal: How much did the old server cost?
IOException
if only there was a way to record osu videos without having to run osu, right?
petterroea
If you send me your code and how you set it up, i might be willing to take over the service if you cannot run it yourself. I use linux-servers myself, so i should be able to get it working.
Rika-chan

petterroea wrote:

If you send me your code and how you set it up, i might be willing to take over the service if you cannot run it yourself. I use linux-servers myself, so i should be able to get it working.
Read the previous page, https://github.com/darkimmortal/OsuRecord
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

petterroea wrote:

https://github.com/darkimmortal/OsuRecord

If you can get osu! running at about 80-100 fps in the main menu, you should be grand. You won't need any of the code to test that
Beatmastapat
If you needed a new GPU for your server and asked for donations im sure people would have contributed! I know i would :(

That was the only way i could upload my replays :(

ahhhh well.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Beatmastapat wrote:

If you needed a new GPU for your server and asked for donations im sure people would have contributed! I know i would :(

ahhhh well.
I don't think you can upgrade the hardware for a server you're renting. D:
Beatmastapat

Maav wrote:

Beatmastapat wrote:

ahhhh well.
Oh i think your right!

I thought it was a server he had at home.
IOException
wait what host are you using if you're not running it on your own computer?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maav wrote:

Beatmastapat wrote:

ahhhh well.
It's actually a colocated self-build, but it's not feasible to add a GPU as the cooling is struggling enough as it is
iamdarren
When i try to upload my reply it says its disabled? Is it not working?
Rika-chan

iamdarren wrote:

Read above
iamdarren

CarlGel wrote:

iamdarren wrote:

Read above
sry for troubling you,i shalll wait patiently like the rest for the site to be working again ;) :cry:
Coco Kaine
Is the server still active? At the moment, it seems to be down.
iys

Neku-chen wrote:

Can't you just read previous posts?

Darkimmortal wrote:

Unfortunately it's likely I will have to discontinue this service as the server it was running on has failed, and the replacement server I am building will probably not have a good enough GPU.
patrykusss
patrykusss again too late ;(
petterroea
Is there any replacements up now, or do i have to pull out my finger and do something about it? My new screen works bad with fraps, so now it is actually inportant for me to have this
[Kanzaki Ranko]

petterroea wrote:

Is there any replacements up now, or do i have to pull out my finger and do something about it? My new screen works bad with fraps, so now it is actually inportant for me to have this
No replacements, at least not that I know of.
How come "your new screen works bad with fraps"?
Also, try Dxtory or Bandicam.
Rika-chan

Maav wrote:

petterroea wrote:

Maybe they meant their frames drop?
KawaiiYoshino_old
is the site down?? :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Samui_old_1

Maxorq wrote:

Neku-chen wrote:

Can't you just read previous posts?

Darkimmortal wrote:

This is from a few post above.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

CarlGel wrote:

Maav wrote:

Maybe they meant their frames drop?
... A new monitor shouldn't cause this.
NattW

Maav wrote:

... A new monitor shouldn't cause this.
An increase in pixel size can though, it can cause the game or fraps to lag.
MillhioreF
The service is dead until further notice, and people seem to keep getting false hope every time this thread is bumped. Locking for now, feel free to PM me if Darkimmortal or someone else manage to get this hosted and working on another server and I'll unlock.
MillhioreF
Apparently this is back online again!
iys

MillhioreF wrote:

Apparently this is back online again!
Nooo way!
NinjaNick
Currently the server load seems to be to high, bummer.
McBob49
I got an error that it was stuck on the menu screen "usually caused by an outdated map"
Any way to solve it?
Trash Boat
this seems to be useful, i may use it. is 100% functional or close?
- Marco -

Trash Boat wrote:

it's 100% functional ;)
- Marco -

marcostudios wrote:

Trash Boat wrote:

it's 100% functional ;)
Warning: move_uploaded_file(/dolan/osurecord/replay.osr): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/nginx/www/osurecord.weeaboo.com/upload.php on line 108

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpYOTPrg' to '/dolan/osurecord/replay.osr' in /home/nginx/www/osurecord.weeaboo.com/upload.php on line 108
pls upload .osr file

yaay i bring bad luck :c
finalexistence
its works :D
Domfoz
Edit:Nevermind, website was showing a false error.video still got uploaded
ishtar
Can i adjust the background dim?
show more