forum

osu!record - automatic osu! replay .OSR to Youtube service

posted
Total Posts
show more
[Sean]
I'll have to say this is pretty mind blowing.

A few things I personally want to clarify, and note down:

-The recording settings? It looks like you're attempting to lock 60fps? Or is it lower?
-Compression settings? They look pretty decent, wouldn't mind seeing what and how you're doing it.
-Server seems to spike during sections with large amounts of sprites on the play area. You might need to look at a stronger server (opinion).

The offset is perfect.
It's effortless, just upload .osr and walk away.

If I was to upload an .osk, it would play that map with the skin on, right?

Apart from that, well done broskies!
Avail_old_1
^The recording settings are probably set to that since he's recording from a dedi box running Arch linux, and osu doesn't work the best with non-windows-y operating systems.
He's using ffmpeg witha custom command line, ffmpeg is arguably the best encoder there is.
It's running on a server, and 95% servers don't have dedicated GPUs, that might be the cause
[Kanzaki Ranko]

[Avail] wrote:

It's running on a server, and 95% servers don't have dedicated GPUs, that might be the cause
It doesn't have a dedicated GPU. He mentioned an Intel GMA a while back (which means osu! is running pretty well for a Linux server).

[Sean] wrote:

If I was to upload an .osk, it would play that map with the skin on, right?
That's the idea.

@Darkimmortal
People touched the .osk subject and it made me remember: At what resolution does osu!record run the game?
@2x skins without "normal" elements break if the resolution is <800px high, and uploading a full .osk would take ages (wasting bandwidth and possibly making you lose your chance)
Avail_old_1
What about being able to link .osk files from other hosts? Like, upload your skin only once (to by example puush or up.ppy.sh), and then be able to just link it each time you want to upload a replay. (Would be a lot easier for me, too, since my net is quite crap)
PartyPancake
Could you add yt:stretch=16:9 to the tags? Would be awesome! ;)

Edit: I know you can add that manually but it takes some time :3 And some don't know this trick!
[Kanzaki Ranko]

[Avail] wrote:

What about being able to link .osk files from other hosts? Like, upload your skin only once (to by example puush or up.ppy.sh), and then be able to just link it each time you want to upload a replay. (Would be a lot easier for me, too, since my net is quite crap)
He mentioned that is planned in the past.

PartyPancake wrote:

Could you add yt:stretch=16:9 to the tags? Would be awesome! ;)

Edit: I know you can add that manually but it takes some time :3 And some don't know this trick!
Just... no.
Video stretching is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT. If he could record at actual 16:9 it would be good.

Edit:
Is Lunati actually spamming the system or is it a bot? *sighs*
PartyPancake

Maav wrote:

Just... no. Video stretching is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT. If he could record at actual 16:9 it would be good.
Yep, it would be good.
Hula
How come when I upload my skin it doesn't change the cursor >:(

[Kanzaki Ranko]

Hula wrote:

How come when I upload my skin it doesn't change the cursor >:(

The Youtube tag works with the video ID (the part after ?v=, in that case, -ibhU3D6I48), not the link.

And the cursor in your video isn't the default one. The default one is this:

This is a video with a skin (with cursor) I uploaded:

But in your case the map probably has a custom skin (like this one, I didn't upload a skin with this replay):

Edit:
@Darkimmortal: Could you please add the diff's name to the video title? Shouldn't be something hard to implement... (maybe even a toggle for that?)
Hula
Oh, how come you don't tick 'Always use skin cursor' then? Thanks for clearing that up though, I forget maps have unique skins
Argonatesify
I use a skin with a non rotating cursor, but when it records, it rotates. Can that be fixed?
Kamikaze
Something's weird with recording, it records only "Your beatmaps are being processed" screen as shown here:
Rika-chan
Yup, can confirm above also. Everything I've tried uploading and have seen uploaded in the past day is outputting nothing.
Elric
I can't upload mine , gives me an weird error.
Avner

....what....
Elric
"Your beatmaps are being processed"
I get this on my video, so weird ><
Dexem
I seem to have the same problem

well since youtube wont youtube. beatmap processing stuck on that screen thing yeah.
Zlew
yep, got dis beatmap processing problem too
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed, looks like osu!.db got corrupt somehow
iys
Heeeey, it crashes every time on:

Starting osu! and beginning replay playback...  
Error: osu! failed to start after waiting 25 seconds. Over 9000 possible reasons for this, best bet is to
just try again.

I can see in a preview that it launches, plays the music, it goes to Play->Solo, and then it goes black D:

EDIT: Nevermind, it worked on like 5th attempt...
aliciasimoned
how come every time i upload one of my replays it doesnt show the skin i used
iys
Any chance for source code or at least some code snippets for self hosting? D:
It's kind of really annoying to sit ~10 minutes repeatedly clicking Upload.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maxorq wrote:

I will open source it when I get a chance to rewrite it. There's a few things that could become security holes with more knowledge of the workings (scary amount of sudo involved), and the code is currently at the standard of babby's first PHP
XinhQua
Thank you so much for fixing!!! :):):)
HansonIsBlack
I get many errors and have had no success after 30 mins. It also takes so long to get under 3.3
pitbull2k4
Same here. My video is just the 'processing maps' screen. For some reason I see other people uploading maps sucessfully (under "most recently uploaded map"), but all of mine are failing.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Have added a check to abort recording if osu gets stuck on that screen

I don't know what is actually causing it
Argonatesify
osu!record has detected that osu! has closed, crashed or is display a dialog box. Probably needs an updat
e. [2]
:(
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
Fixed
Rika-chan
Out of curiosity, what was the problem?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
The black screen/processing maps detection code was a bit trigger happy
iys

Darkimmortal wrote:

Maxorq wrote:

I will open source it when I get a chance to rewrite it. There's a few things that could become security holes with more knowledge of the workings (scary amount of sudo involved), and the code is currently at the standard of babby's first PHP
Um, what do you need root permissions for, and can it be easily avoided somehow?
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal

Maxorq wrote:

Darkimmortal wrote:

Um, what do you need root permissions for, and can it be easily avoided somehow?
It's more for interop between the web server user and osu user, nothing of significance actually runs as root

Also I've decided to make most of the source available: https://github.com/darkimmortal/OsuRecord
[Kanzaki Ranko]

aliciasimoned wrote:

how come every time i upload one of my replays it doesnt show the skin i used
Have you tried uploading the .osk? .osr files are played with the skin osu! is set to.

@Darkimmortal:
$sorryAgainPeppy is thebest variable name. Ever.

Edit1:
Also:
if(file_exists("/tmp/osurecord/replay.osk")){
echo "\n\n\n\033[01;31mInstalling skin... \033[0m";

exec("unzip -oj /tmp/osurecord/replay.osk -d /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/skin.ini");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/SKIN.ini");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/SKIN.INI");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/skin.INI");
exec("rm -rf /home/osu/osu/Skins/BESTSKINNU/Skin.ini");
echo "ok";
}
Is deleting the Skin.ini REALLY necessary? As in, will it explode with the skin.ini or something? As far as I can remember, having a different skin.ini in the same skin folder will still keep the skin in that folder selected.
Topic Starter
Darkimmortal
It might have changed, but when I wrote it, changing the name in the skin.ini forced osu back to the default skin
iys
Since I made that damn Google+ page for my YouTube channel, osu!record tells me there is no YouTube channel linked with my account.
Oh well, it was nice until it lasted :(
Rika-chan

Maxorq wrote:

Since I made that damn Google+ page for my YouTube channel, osu!record tells me there is no YouTube channel linked with my account.
You should be able to unlink them. under account settings on youtube, I did that myself.
iys

CarlGel wrote:

Maxorq wrote:

You should be able to unlink them. under account settings on youtube, I did that myself.
Holy shit, I never realised I'm THAT stupid.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

Darkimmortal wrote:

It might have changed, but when I wrote it, changing the name in the skin.ini forced osu back to the default skin
I tested this in the day you implemented skin uploading (and even mentioned skin.ini compatibility wouldn't be supported) and it worked... o3o
Satan
Maybe you could add a little multi-server function and some people can donate their servers to help contribute to this!
Or make it open-source so others can also provide the service
show more