forum

the osu community

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dialect
osu streamers who stream osu give off a different vibe to say, geometry dash streamers, and i feel like it's because of 98% of osu's community being people who at least watched some form of anime. osu is considered an all ages community, but a lot of players playing osu are older, with the youngest players being around 12 - 13. streamers are chill. even popular streamers, like beasttroll, are really chill if you get to know them. imagine if beasttroll streamed fortnite and minecraft instead of osu. i personally would feel like a large portion of the streaming community would be lost in a way. by having older audiences with no political influence, this allows for mature discussion on beatmaps, plays, etc etc. sure we joke around, but i think that we're actually discussing stuff in a mature way. the osu community IS a bit toxic though, but i don't think insults get bad to the point like other communities, where they'll tell you to die in a gas chamber, compared to osu, where the worst thing is either being called a pp farmer, or they say, "you should quit mapping"

the youtubers, mainly the ones focused on mapping (pishi for example) also give off this "im chill vibe". people like squishy boy and verto, also give off a chill vibe, even if their videos aren't always serious. squishy boy makes "cover by a retard" videos, and honestly, they're pretty funny to watch. i don't think other communities can pull that off. i feel like our sense of humor as osu players is different than other communities.

but yeah, this is just why osu's community has sort of resonated with me imo
qwt
osu player post
MusicRitman

MinNin wrote:

imagine if beasttroll streamed fortnite and minecraft instead of osu.
He do streamed minecraft on hypixel (the one of streams I remember).
DeletedUser_6709840
Depends on the streamer. Some are chill but some can be really toxic depending on the day (some Sotarks streams are no-chill and chocomint/Cookiezi had some toxic moments too)
cxckslayer02
i really like watching streamers with a smaller audience such as epiphany since its easier to interact with them and pull off some nice conversations
Showi

Fletscher wrote:

i really like watching streamers with a smaller audience such as epiphany since its easier to interact with them and pull off some nice conversations
true
Chiru-kun
i dont feel osu yters as much anymore. that was my main source of osu news back then.
achiles0728

Fletscher wrote:

Agreed

renzthegreat wrote:

i dont feel osu yters as much anymore. that was my main source of osu news back then.
Maybe they are branching out? tokaku for example seems to be focusing on other rhythm games and other stuff. As well as project ace who has been reviewing keyboards I think? I'm not 100% confident with my sayings.

But really though, I love the osu! community, everyone is so kind to one another <3
Asphiee

achiles0728 wrote:

Fletscher wrote:

Agreed

renzthegreat wrote:

Maybe they are branching out? tokaku for example seems to be focusing on other rhythm games and other stuff. As well as project ace who has been reviewing keyboards I think? I'm not 100% confident with my sayings.

But really though, I love the osu! community, everyone is so kind to one another <3
chillest community of all the games where there's more competition to mapping than playing itself lol. that's why im still sticking here.
MIKI1999
Hey can someone help me I have problem connecting to server it say server is busy and when I go to solo many of my maps ar deleted I have told aboat problem to osu support but it seems that they don't care aboat the problem so I was hopeing if some one can give me advice
Zelzatter Zero
necroposting just for the completely unrelated topic.

And I thought the Resolved Issues subforum necro was concerning.
abraker
@MIKI Post your issue in the help subforum: community/forums/5