forum

[Archived] Weird offset appearing during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mazli
Problem details: About 2 weeks ago, my osu started acting weird. This happened: i was just casually playing, then i noticed, that there is some weird offset and im clicking earlier. I quit the map, checked my global offset, but it was on 0. I checked the offset on the beatmap, but it was on 0 too. I stopped playing there, for like 2 days. When i came back, this bug or glitch happened again and i didnt know what was the cause. Yesterday i had enough, and made a video, so you will probably understand this better.

I honestly dont know what caused this, because it just happened randomly, i didnt change any settings. The game became unplayable, but mostly unenjoyable, as you see in the video.

Before you say check your offset, i already done it like 4 times. And before you say "omg, its because of obs, just close it and it will be fine" no. When im not recording i have like ~1,5 ms and ~600 fps.
(i have compatibility mode enabled, because i get more fps, and less frametime or latency or i dont know what its called, but im sure its not the compatibility mode, because it was working fine like 3 weeks ago.[and its doing this bug without copmpatibility mode])

Any help would mean a lot to me, because im not going to give up on this game because of this stupid bug.

My specs: ASUS TUF FX505
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Intel Core i7-8750H
8gb Ram
1TB HDD

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LmIAlZGV4

osu! version: Stable 20200519.1 (latest)
Death
Did you change your audio device or something in that time? Maybe try actually setting a universal offset instead of keeping it on 0, that is kind of what it is meant to be used for.
Topic Starter
Mazli

Death wrote:

Did you change your audio device or something in that time? Maybe try actually setting a universal offset instead of keeping it on 0, that is kind of what it is meant to be used for.
I didnt change any audio device.

What i forgot to write is to iots not happening all the time. I noticed that it mostly happpens on maps with spinners. And again it wasnt like this like 3 weeks ago, when i had 0 offset. Im playing osu for more than a half year now on THIS(i had a worse pc) laptop, and there wasnt any issue until now.
Im so idiot, i forgot my specs, let me fix it.
Death
Does enabling "Audio compatibility mode" in the options menu make a difference?
Topic Starter
Mazli

Death wrote:

Does enabling "Audio compatibility mode" in the options menu make a difference?
After a couple maps, it seems to be good, but i will play longer, and if it comes back, ill reply this.