forum

Need a bit of help creating some stuff.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Right. Well. I'm getting off my ass and finishing my personal skin, but I've run into some trouble. I was creating my 300 sprite, and snagged somewhere. I've put a stroke of 2px to give the thing a bit of depth, but upon doing so, I've noticed that the thing is VERRRRY pixelated. I don't want this. I'd like it to blend better on the diagonal so it doesn't look so pixelated, I just don't know how to go about it. For those without photoshop, here's an image:

I'll move the first and second 0 across in a bit, first off I wanna know what the crap I can do to make this work. Will I need to change the colour of the stroke? I feel without a black outline it doesn't have as much depth as I want.

If you want to know how to replicate what I've done: OCR font. Bold Italic. Converted to object. Scaled to what it currently is. Stroke of 2px, Gradient Overlay. I actually copied this image as a reference, but those were the steps I used to originally create it:

If I can get some help fixing it, that'd be great. If you could also post steps on how to replicate it, I'll be able to copy the technique over to my 300k, 300g, 100k, 100 and 50. I'm no photoshop pro, nor even a regular user. I know a FEW things, nothing more though. ._.

PSD: http://puu.sh/1wgGH
MLGnom
About being pixelated. It's font fault itself. Good way to correct that is creating larger base and then resize it.

Will try to reproduce this.
Jackyyy
If you can recreate it, create it on a larger canvas then when you are done resize it down so that it fits into the original picture. That's what I normally do and I don't run into any troubles.

Edit: fml I'm a slow typer
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Trying to do it from the larger canvas seems to do a lot better then the small canvas. Larger canvas needs an extremly bigger stroke, but I've managed to pull this off:

Topic Starter
[Sean]
Yeah... I haven't been able to re-create the original text... I'm trying but it isn't turning out the way I want it to. Default Bold/Italic is wrong, and I don't know how else I did it. ._.